Download the Phoca Guestbook component from Phoca Guestbook download site. You get a ZIP file. Login into your Joomla! 1.5 administration site and follow these steps:
Extensions » Install/Uninstall. Now you are in Extensions Manager. You can:
- Upload Package File - select the Phoca Guestbook component ZIP file from your disc and click on Upload File & Install.
- Install from Directory - you can upload Phoca Guestbook component ZIP file into your server directory and install it from this directory
- Install from URL - you can install it from another URL.
Phoca Guestbook should be uploaded and installed on your Joomla! site.
It is possible that Joomla! is unable to create Phoca Guestbook tables in your database. So If you get this message "Error Saving Guestbook" or this PHP error message: Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource ...while using Phoca Guestbook, please take a look at your database (e.g. via phpMyAdmin) if installation script created 'TablePrefix_phocaguestbook_books' and 'TablePrefix_phocaguestbook_items' tables correctly. If not, you must create it manually. The SQL queries, which install Phoca Guestbook tables into your database, are saved in install.sql (install.bak) file. You find this file in Phoca Guestbook component ZIP package. Just copy the SQL queries and run them in e.g. phpMyAdmin. But be aware, because the names of tables are prepared for system installation, so they contain '#__' instead of your table prefix, you must rename them:
- #__phocaguestbook_books to TablePrefix_phocaguestbook_books
- #__phocaguestbook_items to TablePrefix_phocaguestbook_items
TablePrefix is the prefix, you have selected while installing Joomla! 1.5 (it is mostly 'jos_' and it should differentiate the Joomla! tables from other tables used in your database)