How to install and run Phoca POS
1) Install Phoca Cart component
2) Install Phoca POS template
3) Create menu link to Phoca Cart - POS view and assign Phoca POS template to this menu link
4) Enable POS function in Phoca Cart options.
5) Set a vendor (select at least one user as vendor). Then login to POS with vendor account.
When you set shipping and payment methods for Phoca POS, you need to set the type for these methods to POS. So they will be displayed in POS but not in your online shop. You can even define categories for Phoca POS. When you edit category, set the type to POS. Categories can be filtered .
Category: Category can be set as Online shop category, POS category or Common category (displayed in Online shop even in POS).
Payment methods: Payment method can be set as Online shop category, POS category or Common category (displayed in Online shop even in POS).
Shipping methods: Shipping method can be set as Online shop category, POS category or Common category (displayed in Online shop even in POS).
Vendors: Vendor is Joomla! user who was set as vendor in administration and can sell products in POS.
Products: All products are displayed in POS. You can limit them by selecting the category. Products from Online shop category only are not displayed in POS.
Currencies: All active currencies can be set in POS.
Orders: Each vendor can see orders/sales in order list he/she made. Such list is filtered by date.
POS Cash Payment method
POS Cash payment method is specific payment method intended to be used in POS only, it includes two specific features:
- It has an "Amount Tendered" specific input field
- After confirming the order, order status is not set to PENDING but to COMPLETED.
POS cash payment method is included in main installation package.
Possible design and function issues
If the following warning message is displayed on your site
Start with 3) and continue to 2) or 1) when this message will be still displayed on your site.