Phoca Maps component and Phoca Maps plugin version 1.1.0 Beta have been released.
Download: Phoca Maps download site.
There are two different versions of Phoca Maps:
- Phoca Maps 1.0.5 - this version uses Google Maps API 2. If you need functions like GoobleBar, Continuous Zoom, Overview Map Control, then download this version.
- Phoca Maps 1.1.0 or any later version - this version uses Google Maps API 3. You need not to create Google Maps API key for your site but some functions are not included (API 3 is still in Google Code Labs - not ready yet). This version is under active development and includes more new features.
New features in Phoca Maps version 1.1.0:
- Converted to Google Maps API 3 - Google Maps API 3 doesn't provide all the features which Google Maps API 2 provides (still in Google Code Labs), but the maps are loaded faster, you need not to add Google Maps API key and there are new features.
- KML support added. (this feature doesn't work in Internet Explorer browsers yet)
- Print Route feature added
- Added new marker icons
- Added new parameter - Marker content width
- Added new parameter - Marker content height
- Added new parameter - Open marker window - marker is opened while loading the map (marker content width and marker content height can be set here)
- Page title displaying feature added.
If you miss some features in Google Maps API 3, you can make feature request here:
or you can vote for some existing: