NorrNext have released a new payment plugin for Phoca Cart. It is Stripe Checkout which supports external payment methods as Sofort, giropay, iDEAL, Bancontact and etc. Such methods makes the payment more suitable to local marketplace.
Right now there are two Stripe plugins for Phoca Cart:
Stripe plugin. It accept payments via cards only. No extra payment methods are allowed. The checkout is being processed inside Phoca Cart, so the user will not leave the site. Visit product page.
Stripe Checkout plugin. An advanced version allowing to accept payments via cards and via additional payment methods. The checkout is being processed on an external URL (Stripe). The user leaves the e-commerce site, fill out all data and then returns back to the site. Visit product page.
Let's examine advantages of Stripe Checkout plugin.
You can use the following additional payment methods:
- Apple Pay (international)
- Google Pay (international)
- iDEAL (The Netherlands). iDEAL is a popular e-commerce payment system used in the Netherlands, based on online banking.
- giropay (Germany). Giropay is a popular bank transfer payment method in Germany. It uses more than 1,500 German banks, which makes it a trusted payment method under German customers.
- Sofort (Sofortüberweisung) (Germany). SOFORT is the market leader amongst the online banking-based payment methods in Germany and Austria. On average, 3 million Sofort transactions are made every month.
- Bancontact (Belgium). The Bancontact debit card is a popular payment method in Belgium and the most commonly used card in this country. It lets customers make real-time card transactions to buy products and services.
- Alipay (China). Alipay is a digital wallet in China that has more than a billion active users worldwide.
- EPS (Austria). EPS (electronic payment standard) is an online transfer system developed jointly by the Austrian banks and Government. It provides a simple and secure process of online payments to users in Austria.
- Przelewy24 (Poland). A Poland-based payment method aggregator that allows customers to complete transactions online using bank transfers and other methods.
Using Stripe Checkout you can easily adapt you e-commerce store to the local marketplace making the site more friendly to the customers and increase your sales rate.