Phoca PDF is a Joomla! component. It enables you to set and create PDF documents in Joomla!.
The whole Phoca PDF framework contains:
- Phoca PDF component
- Phoca PDF fonts
- Phoca PDF plugins
Phoca PDF component uses TCPDF library for creating PDF documents. After installing this component you need to install and enable Phoca PDF plugin - specific plugin for specific part of Joomla! (e.g. plugin for content). You can manage Phoca PDF plugins in standard Joomla! Plugin Manager.
There is one font included in Phoca PDF component but you can install other Phoca PDF fonts (fonts contain large files so they are not included in basic Phoca PDF component installation package). Fonts are TCPDF fonts, so a lot of different font types can be installed in Phoca PDF.
- Joomla!1.5 (stable or any later version)
- PHP 5 (or any later version).
- Phoca PDF requires PHP 5 version installed on your server (because of newest TCPDF library)
- You can set e.g. footer or header information with help of HTML text editor (like FCK, TinyMCE, JCE,...), but be aware because not all HTML tags and attributes, wich an editor produces, are supported
- HTML code of your documents should be valid
- You can set different parameters for your PDF document, so after setting these parameters you should test creating of your PDF documents because of possible conflicts caused by setting some extra values (e.g. setting of small PDF format x large font size x large line height, etc...)
- You can set different font types for different parts of document (content, header, footer) but be aware, because PDF stores information about font types. UTF-8 fonts are supported and after storing information about all font types the size of PDF document can increase markedly.
- CREATING PDF IS NOT SO SMOOTH AS CREATING HTML OUTPUT. PDF DOCUMENT IS NOT RENDERED IF IT DOESN'T GET CORRECTLY CREATED DOCUMENT HEADER. For successfully PDF creating, the site should not render any PHP error messages or any bad encoding characters before rendering PDF. If you get blank page while PDF creating, mostly this is caused by above described problems. In such case try to see your error log or check the encoding of included PHP files.
- In Joomla! 1.5 there is no option to set own link to PDF, the core PDF link needs to be found in the system and such link needs to be translated to link to Phoca PDF. As there are numerous of SEF solutions and different link formats, it is very difficult to translate all the possible link formats. This is why the replacing is not working 100% (e.g. it can be stopped by not enough memory on the server - with fatal error).
|Phoca PDF Content||PHP5, Joomla!1.5, Phoca PDF component with installed font||released|
|Phoca PDF Phoca Gallery||PHP5, Joomla!1.5, Phoca PDF component with installed font, Phoca Gallery||in progress|
|Phoca PDF VirtueMart IDnR||PHP5, Joomla!1.5, Phoca PDF component with installed font, VirtueMart1.1, VirtueMart IDnR Addon||released|