(Click the icon located at the top right to test PDF creation)
Phoca PDF is a Joomla! component. It enables you to set and create PDF documents in Joomla!.
The whole Phoca PDF framework contains:
- Phoca PDF component
- Phoca PDF fonts
- Phoca PDF plugins
Phoca PDF component uses TCPDF library for creating PDF documents. After installing this component you need to install and enable Phoca PDF plugin - specific plugin for specific part of Joomla! (e.g. plugin for content). You can manage Phoca PDF plugins in standard Joomla! Plugin Manager.
There is one font included in Phoca PDF component but you can install other Phoca PDF fonts (fonts contain large files so they are not included in basic Phoca PDF component installation package). Fonts are TCPDF fonts, so a lot of different font types can be installed in Phoca PDF.
- Joomla!1.5, 2.5, 3.x (stable or any later version)
- PHP 5 (or any later version).
- Phoca PDF requires PHP 5 version installed on your server (because of newest TCPDF library)
- You can set e.g. footer or header information with help of HTML text editor (like FCK, TinyMCE, JCE,...), but be aware because not all HTML tags and attributes, wich an editor produces, are supported
- HTML code of your documents should be valid
- You can set different parameters for your PDF document, so after setting these parameters you should test creating of your PDF documents because of possible conflicts caused by setting some extra values (e.g. setting of small PDF format x large font size x large line height, etc...)
- You can set different font types for different parts of document (content, header, footer) but be aware, because PDF stores information about font types. UTF-8 fonts are supported and after storing information about all font types the size of PDF document can increase markedly.