access rights

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
June
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

access rights

Post by June »

Using Phoca Gallery Plugin Button to insert photo into the article from the user's side it is snown all the categoriers of all users even if the permission for each category is set to the owner of the category (access, access rights, upload rights, delete rights are set to the owner). I would like that each user can insert photos only from own category and would not see other users' categories. Please could you help with this? Thanks in advance.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: access rights

Post by Jan »

Hi, not sure what you exactly mean, but in article you cannot manager rights like in component, as you are inside the article :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
June
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by June »

Thank you for your answer,Jan. I will try to explain in details. When 1user create his article and uses phocaGallery Button to add photos from his Gallery to his article he is able to see 2user's and 3user's and 4user's etc. photos and add their photo's to his article also. Is there any way to show to 1user (and this way allow 1user to add only his photos) only his own categories and subcategories?https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvnry7dm2sgpi ... 5.png?dl=0
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no unfortunately no, you can set access rights for users/visitors in frontend of the component, but if someone can manage the article and can select images from Phoca Gallery, there are no access rights to display him/her only specific images - in fact he/she can see all images like he/she will list images in administration :-( (to do access rights there I think, this will be so much confused and difficult :-( )

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
June
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by June »

Thank you very much for your answer. :) At least I know now that I try everything that I could and I wll think now about another way . :)

June.