Layout after update to PG 4.1.2

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
ckunkel72
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Layout after update to PG 4.1.2

Post by ckunkel72 »

Hello alltogether,

i recently update my homepage from Joomla 2.5 and PG 3.2.3 to Joomla 3.3 and PG 4.1.2.
In most of my articles i have some small pictures and a switch image displayed by Phoca Gallery Plugin.
On the updated homepage all the small pictures have a visible border and if i hover over the pictures the border gets brown.
In the settings of the old Phoca Gallery, it was possible to define the background-, border- and hovercolors directly. Here is a picture of my settings Image
I think it is now possible to make this settings in a css file, because i don't want to edit all my articles and define the colors there.
At the moment i'm not able to find the right "css-tag" to make the changes i want. I tried to edit the "default.css" with no succes.
Here is a link to an article on my old site. This is how it should look like.
Here is a link to my new site, not so happy with the look.

Greeting from Germany

Christian
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Layout after update to PG 4.1.2

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can set it in CSS file you want. But of course it is better to create own specific CSS which will be then not overwritten while update:

1) In Phoca Gallery administration - go to Styles
2) Create new CSS - add the styles
3) Save this CSS and publish it

This works for component.

For plugin I will suggest do these CSS changes in your template CSS (in some CSS file which will be not overwritten or which you will backup)

In fact it does not matter in which file the CSS styles are (except the overwriting the styles by next CSS) If you add the changes to your template CSS then you will know, the template CSS is loaded as last and the changes will be applied as last and they will be not overwritten by other styles.

The best method to get the CSS items is to see the parts of the site with e.g. Firebug which tells you exactly the name of ID or class which needs to be added to the CSS (when you hover over the part on your website you want to change) :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ckunkel72
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ckunkel72 »

Thank you Jan,

i will take a closer look at the css files and try to make the changes.

Greetings from Germany

Christian
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project