Parent category

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
televoip
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Seem like a dumb que

Post by televoip »

Seem like a dumb question but....

I am trying to create a category. On the screen it ask for the parent category. There is nothing to choose and I can't figure where to create this parent category.
TheEdge
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

On the screen it

Post by TheEdge »

On the screen it ask for the parent category. There is nothing to choose and I can't figure where to create this parent category.
In category list click "New" and add a category as you normally would. Then "Edit" a different category and select your previously created category out of the drop down list alongside "Parent Category".
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Because there is no

Post by Jan »

Because there is no category yet. You must first create some category and then you can create a subcategory for this category (this will be then the parent category)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
televoip
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

I must be dense. I

Post by televoip »

I must be dense. In phoca component i have 2 choices. 1 is to create a gallery and the other to create a category. I choose to create a category. The first 3 options are Title, Alias, and Parent Category. I can not save any category without a parent category. I get an error if parent category is blank and it won't let me create the category. How do I create a category without a category?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

In Phoca Gallery you

Post by Jan »

In Phoca Gallery you have:

1. Gallery - here you save images
2. Categories - here you create categories...

First you must a category (you need not to add parent category). If you have created a category, you can add images, if you want to add image or images (multiple add) you must select the category...Because there can be no image without category...

Jan
televoip
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Well, then that is m

Post by televoip »

Well, then that is my problem. It will NOT let me create a category without something in the :Parent category. It give me an error every time I try.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

???

Post by Jan »

???
Pouyou
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Maybe it's beca

Post by Pouyou »

Maybe it's because you have a problem with tables in in your sql base...

Did you check if the install.sql script created the 2 tables needed (jos_phocagallery and jos_phocagallery_categories) ?