Markers Need Private Info Field

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
raretechs
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Markers Need Private Info Field

Post by raretechs »

Sometimes I want to make notes so that I know what the marker is, however, I only want to display limited info to the public.
Example: I have an event where you register and it asks for your address (say for a community yardsale). I want to marker to display over the houses, but not show the full address (just the street name).

I can accomplish this by making the marker name the street name, and grabbing the lat/long using the actual address, however, if I have multiple addresses on the same street, it starts becoming difficult to remember who was who. It would be nice if I could have a field that would show in the backend (and in the list of markers) where I could place identifying info that only I (the admin) sees).

So the Markers page would show:
Title => Note => Published => Map => Language => ID

In the Marker General Options there would be a field called Private Note that would accept text that is visible to ONLY the admin backend.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Markers Need Private Info Field

Post by Jan »

Hi, maybe for this purpose some custom field plugin should be done but, yes, this is not so easy :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
raretechs
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Markers Need Private Info Field

Post by raretechs »

I don't think it needs to be that complicated. In reading through the code should be this simple:
  • Add a column added to the SQL database that would hold the new data field 'text'
  • Add language added to en-GB.com_phocamaps.ini & sys
  • Add the field to the phocamapsmarker.xml to show the new field in the markers form
  • Add the new field to the AdminView PHP (you don't even have to have it sort - although you could to see those without this field)
The field would serve as nothing more than a note to the admin (has no actual function for the end user).

This is highly simplified, but really, I could go in and modify this (but it would be nice if it was done officially).