PDF generated is black and white

Phoca PDF - creating PDF documents in Joomla! CMS
itsjeff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

PDF generated is black and white

Post by itsjeff »

I have a website where we publish a list of daily specials available in an article. With the Phoca PDF extension & plugin, we open it as a PDF and print copies to have on the counter for customers to look at.

It recently stopped working, after it moved to a new server. It was unable to create the PDF. I made sure that Joomla & Phoca PDF & plugins were all up to date. It still didn't work - it turned out to be a server security issue, cURL was disabled. Once it was enabled, the PDF was able to generate.

There's still a problem though. The PDF being shown is in black & white, even though the header image is color, the same as seen on the website. I looked at the settings and server admin says it's not anything there. I can't figure out if it's with the website or the server and don't know where else to look. Can you help, please? :cry:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: PDF generated is black and white

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmmm, so the remaining problem is, there are not displayed colors in the PDF? Even you e.g. set some text with fixed color in article?

Unfortunately I don't have any such experience yet and cannot imagine that some script will skip colors from the PDF :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
itsjeff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by itsjeff »

Jan wrote:Hi, hmmm, so the remaining problem is, there are not displayed colors in the PDF? Even you e.g. set some text with fixed color in article?

Unfortunately I don't have any such experience yet and cannot imagine that some script will skip colors from the PDF :idea:

Jan
Good idea! I tested it by changing a text color and the text showed up color in the PDF. It is only the image being changed from color to B&W.

I thought it may be from server settings, since it worked before it was moved. But a server admin checked into it and couldn't find anything. Any ideas on server setting/libraries to check?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the only idea is to check the tcpdf class which manages the images added to the PDF. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project