Konfiguration

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
richardh9935
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Konfiguration

Post by richardh9935 »

Dear Manuel,
I'm having similar issues. I agree that the PhocaGallery documentation lags the implementation of the current version considerably. As well as the issue with categories, I cannot find documentation explaining how Tags were implemented. I will now search the forum.

I'm offering to join a team of people to re-write the documentation. I need a team leader who knows the direction that the PhocaGallery team will go. e.g. How will they change PhocaGallery to suit Joomla! 4?

ACTION: I will start a new Forum post to ask for volunteers to start a documentation sub-project.

Richard
Canberra.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Konfiguration

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) We are waiting for Joomla! 4 Beta version. When it is ready, we will start to overwrite Phoca Gallery

2) There is not too much to overwrite Phoca Gallery in order to somehow work in Joomla! 4 BUT !!!

3) BUT it is time to completely change it - the ouput, remove the obsolete libraries, remove a lot of design parameters and make it modern - responsive - so there will be huge change for Joomla! 4 (and maybe it will take some more time)

4) If you need modern and simple Phoca Gallery for now, use Phoca Photo which is responsive layout alternative for Phoca Gallery: https://www.phoca.cz/phocaphoto

5) Output of Phoca Gallery for Joomla! 4 will be probably written in Bootstrap 4 or Flexbox and most of the design parameters will be removed because customizing can be done per CSS (a lot of parameters prevent from fast loading). A lot of old techniques like vertical and horizontal centering will be changed to new CSS rules.

6) So for now it does not have any sense to write new documentation. We just wait for new version (Joomla!, Phoca Gallery) and then we start to write it.

7) Documentation cannot be based on plans or dreams but on real product, so it is hard to build documentation on "direction that the Phoca Gallery will go"

It is great if you want to help with writing documentation. For now you can start with Phoca Photo (because Phoca Photo will not change) and as example you can see the Phoca Cart documentation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mf4E1w ... sp=sharing

Thank you for any support

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project