abedules
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Image Ordering

Post by abedules »

Good day, I am using the following version of Phoca Gallery:-
© 2007 - 2018 Jan Pavelka. - LicenseGPLv2
Translation: English © 2007 - 2018 Jan Pavelka
My Joomla based web site incorporating Phoca Gallery, was built by an independent web designer.
I am trying to up-date some images on my web site (without bothering the designer)
I have succeeded in up loading the images to the correct page but am having a great deal of difficulty in arranging their order of appearance.
I note the drop down "Ordering" box but cannot get this to work with the existing images and new images.
Can you please direct me to any information / demo that explains what I should be doing.?
I thank you in anticipation of a response.

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Image Ordering

Post by Benno »

Hi,
go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Category View --> Category View Settings --> Image Ordering=(this frontend image orderings are possible)Ordering Ascending | Ordering Descending | Title Ascending | Title Descending | Date Ascending | Date Descending | Id Ascending | Id Descending | Rating Count Ascending | Rating Count Descending | Rating Ascending | Rating Descending | Hits Ascending | Hits Descending

Kind regards,
Benno
abedules
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by abedules »

Thank you Benno for your prompt response.
Unfortunately, having got to Control Panel, there is no "Options" on offer!!
Having said that, I don't think your solution was actually addressing my problem. > I have images already installed but would like (For example) to reposition the last one to the 2nd position and the pen-ultimate to the 4th position How can I achieve this please.?
If I could include a screen shot of the problem, I would do so but I don't see an option for uploading a shot within this forum!!
I hope you are still able to assist me. Many thanks. Roger
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Unfortunately, having got to Control Panel, there is no "Options" on offer!!
You need to have Super User rights to see the Options button in the upper right corner of the Control Panel.
I have images already installed but would like (For example) to reposition the last one to the 2nd position and the pen-ultimate to the 4th position How can I achieve this please.?
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Images --> (Choose the category and sort the images manually.)
If I could include a screen shot of the problem, I would do so but I don't see an option for uploading a shot within this forum!!
See forum rule #5: forum-rules.php
If you have problem on your site, please paste the link to your site or link a screenshot of your site (store your screenshot on some image server and paste a link to this image into the post).
Kind regards,
Benno
abedules
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by abedules »

Hi Benno, thanks for your response. I found the option button, thanks but it is not the category I am trying to reorder.
I have up uploaded new pictures/ images to my site losabedules-cazorla.com > apartments > La parra. If you are able to look at this, you will see that there are 14 images. I want to re-order these so the last three are 2, 3 and four in the order.
I am finding it difficult to make this change and any help would be gratefully received. Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the ordering works the same way like in Joomla! - just order the items in backend and in frontend set "order by ordering". :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I am finding it difficult to make this change and any help would be gratefully received.
As I wrote above go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Images --> select the category you want to reorder --> reorder the images manually
See images:

Kind regards,
Benno
abedules
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by abedules »

Eureka, success, thanks very much Benno. I guess I may have a different version to the one you screen shot to me as the filters were under the menu on the left, but we got there in the end. Many thanks.
May I be bold enough to ask another question, unless you want me to create another string? When I open Components > Images, the first thing I see is a string of Warning messages i.e. Warning: Illegal string offset 'w' in /home/rbirch/public_html/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/libraries/phocagallery/image/image.php on line 52
Warning: Illegal string offset 'h' in /home/rbirch/public_html/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/libraries/phocagallery/image/image.php on line 53
etc etc
Is this something I should speak with my web builder or is there something I could do myself? I am only asking you this as he has recently lost his wife and I didn't want to trouble him unnecessarily.
Any thought, thanks.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

HI,
go to: backend --> System --> Global Configuration --> Server --> Server Settings --> (and set) Error Reporting=System Default or None
Save & Close

Kind regards,
Benno
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

in addition: it seems, that you have an older PG versions. Above response is an information/notice for developers.
It was fixed with version PG 4.3.5

Current version is now: 4.3.10

Kind regards
Christine

Hi Jan & Benno :wink: