Request popular module (last categories added)

Alucardo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Request popular module (last categories added)

Post by Alucardo »

Hello Atout the community before all congratulate the developers :o :twisted: :twisted: for a good part and good going to my request is something we believe more than half of the community support me is the creation of a module that shows the latest added categories this is something I've been waiting a lot and hope to get to their hearts

I honestly think it will be something that is badly needed thanks for everything :cry:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Request popular module (last categories added)

Post by Jan »

Hi, this is in feature request list, the problem is my time :-(
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Alucardo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Alucardo »

Jan wrote:Hi, this is in feature request list, the problem is my time :-(
hello, it's true that time is a big problem but when you find porfa some time thinking about last module categories and you can look here talves actualisar only this module and to run out actualisacion, is that it is an extension of a third party but is not and perchance you can use it to actualisar the code and do the job faster because it has made public license GPL and a module as necessary as this thanks for your time with all my heart

I leave you the link of the module in question http://joomlakurse.ch/downloads/joomla-lokal/index.php
Alucardo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Alucardo »

hi see my post unresponsive :( :( hope q are given time to answer it please either send me to hell :evil: aumq but please answer me :x :x
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes this is the problem, I am overloaded and my problem is answering the posts too. It is not easy to do all the extensions (over 50 extensions), templates, scripts for free and give support for them (for free) - over 13.000 posts in my freetime. :(
you can use it to actualisar the code and do the job faster because it has made public license GPL
This is a problem, because making some extension is more faster than changing some which you have not created. So if fact no, the job is not faster if you will actualize some extension you didn't do. You need to know that Phoca Project has over 70.000 lines of code and there are a lot of dependencies. So if you are making some extension and you know the project, you can make it faster as actualizing some which you didn't made, because of the dependencies. And yes the most problem is with the dependencies, you can make a module e.g. in one week (if you have no thousands of feature requests on your paper like I have and If you need not to answer over 100 questions per day in your freetime) but then you need to test it for depnendencies and this can take a lot of time, more than the core developing :-(

And this is the problem too:
but please answer me
If users want I will answer all the post, I will never find time for adding new feature requests nor to develop new modules, plugins, etc. :-(

Jan
Alucardo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Alucardo »

Hello again I hope you are in good health and that maybe they are already thinking of taking this module which is sorely :!: :!: :!: lacking and that the truth I would be willing to pay but for some reason nobody I hope you develop renewed please :? :? :?

Tie your friend Alucard the most unusual name that I have Ajjaj :x
phidias81
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by phidias81 »

Hello, there is still no equivalent of "phoca gallery image" but for categories? Any known turn around? Searching in the forum I found an external extension but it's only for joomla 1.5
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, still didn't find time, so there is no one from Phoca :-( but maybe from other developer :-( ... Maybe the Phoca Gallery Tree module can be used or customized. :idea:

Jan
phidias81
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by phidias81 »

I found something similar, despite I'm still not able to make it works. It can shows only by date and random.
If somebody else need it this is the link
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ions/15387
phidias81
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by phidias81 »

I'm not a developer, but I was thinking if it wouldn't be possible to reuse the phoca gallery image module, and putting a limit to show only 1 photo per each category found, it would become a category module instead of images. In example if I use phoca gallery image with the option to show the last photos, it would most probably show the last photos all from the same album because they were uploaded togheter. But if in example it would be available an option to set how many pictures from each category to show, setting it to 1, it would be automatically, a last category module.