Site goes blank when adding Random Image Module

Phoca Gallery modules - modules for Phoca Gallery extension
Laage
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Hi, I pr

Post by Laage »

Hi,

I previously installed the Phoca Gallery and it works perfectly.

However, after I tried installing the Random Image Module, my entire site goes blank when it is enabled in Module Manager.

At first I installed the 1.5.8 Beta, guess I missed the 1.7.0 version at the top of the page somehow. I uninstalled the 1.5.8 version with no problems whatsoever and installed the 1.7.0 version. However, same problem arises:
When I enable the module in module manager, my entire site goes blank. It starts loading and stops after a few seconds. When I choose "View Page Source" in FF I get an empty page in the FF Source Viewer. The moment I disable Random Image Module in Module Manager I can refresh my site and everything works again. Basically same behavior in IE, if "Friendly HTTP errors" is enabled I get IEs standard error message, and with it disabled I just get a blank page.

Joomla version 1.5.3, Phoca Gallery 1.8.0 (Beta according to the filename of the plugin, but it Says Alfa in Components->Phoca Gallery->Info and in the frontend gallery). The webhotel I'm using runs PHP 5.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi, the 1.8.0 is sti

Post by Jan »

Hi, the 1.8.0 is still in alpha (development version) and there is no module for this version yet:

try to use component 1.7.1 and module 1.7.0
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Laage
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Thank you for your q

Post by Laage »

Thank you for your quick reply, now the page loads and I get the module in the sidebar. However a new problem appeared; the image it loads is slightly down and to the right of the placeholder. And I just noticed that it cuts the bottom half of the image.

Looks like this:

I looked around a little and found another post about non-centered images, but the recommendation there didn't seem to work or I'm not understanding it correctly.

Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Phoca Gallery Random

Post by Jan »

Phoca Gallery Random Image uses very complicated system to center the image verticaly and horizontaly (it works under FF, Opera, IE6, IE7, ...), so it seems the CSS was not loaded for the Random image module

Which browser do you use?
Please let me know your site..
Laage
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

I'm using FF 2.

Post by Laage »

I'm using FF 2.0.0.14 but I get the same odd positioning on IE 7.

The site address is http://joomla.laage.se
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Which version of Pho

Post by Jan »

Which version of Phoca Gallery Random Image do you have?

Try to test it with standard rhuk template...

Maybe, there is no place for the image width on your left side, so it is not correctly displayed

Jan
Laage
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Gallery RI ver

Post by Laage »

Phoca Gallery RI version 1.7.0.
OK, tried it with both Rhuk and Beez, and the images are correctly positioned there. So it seems to be a problem with the Jamba template. Or more correctly with the Module Suffixes in Jamba.
If i Choose to use the Module Suffix S2 it encloses the module in the beige box with rounded corners, which seems to push the image off-center.
If I just leave off the Module Suffix it works as intended, and the formatting of the title matches the Main Menu, so for now I moved it up so it won't leave a gap in the beige module boxes below.

If there's a way of adjusting it to a smaller size to fit into these templated module-boxes it would be nice, but for now I'm just happy that it works.

Thank you for your great work and fast responses.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi, there is no way

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no way to add smaller size there, only you change the html code of the module...