Is it possible to pay order later?

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
sulpher
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Is it possible to pay order later?

Post by sulpher »

Hi Jan,
Let's examine the following scenario: a customer proceeded to the checkout and for some reason did not pay the order. Later they logged in and go to "my orders" and see the order with pending status.
Is there a way to repeat paying again and launch API of any payment system again?

lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Is it possible to pay order later?

Post by lpatrick »

Yes I also think it would be a good idea to add that. E.g. if the customer realises he doesn't have enough funds to pay at that moment. But now, they would need to recreate their shopping basket.
Question arises at what price it should be if the items' price have changed. Most logically the cart's price should be updated to current prices, I'd say. What do you think, Sulpher?

And why not a 'Cancel' also if they changed their minds. At least as shop owner, you don't have to expect late payments in that case.
Nidzo
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by Nidzo »

This is the first thing I noticed. Thanks @sulpher for pointing on this.

For example Stripe API "fires" Refunded status to Phoca Cart but can't handle this case. So it has to be done in Phoca Cart for Pending status. Enabling payment link again in case of unsuccessful or delayed payment.
mino182
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by mino182 »

This need to be managed by payment plugins, because gopay gateway hold order with unsuccessful payment as pending for 1hour and send email to customer with link for retry. If he don't make it, status is automatically changed to cancelled. It is happened outside of phocacart. I don't know, if other payment gateways is able to repeat payment with same IDs... Or it has to be as new payment with cancelling previous...
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Well it all depends on the situation, doesn't it?!

E.g. the Mollie PCP I created leaves everything to Mollie so the customer only selects the type of payment on the Mollie site.
Expiration depends on the type of payment they select (there).

Still even if the PCP cancelled the order, doesn't necessarily mean the customer did. But I assume yes, that in most other shopping applications, one would need to start all over from scratch if the PCP cancelled.

The question would be: how much effort would it be to offer the (better) service to our customers via Phoca Cart.

Just thinking out loud ...
mino182
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by mino182 »

If it will be handled by component, than all pcp will need to be rewriten, I think... For example, gopay will hold order as pending, user will try to repeat payment via orders view within 1 hour (not via email from gopay). Phoca will start new payment, user will pay. After 1 hour gopay will change status to cancelled, because previous payment wasn't paid... So phoca cart need to get somehow active payment link from gopay and use it in orders view... So I don't see there universal solution for all PCPs, thats why I think it need to be managed by PCP...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, I also think, this is much more a task for payment method. Because core Phoca Cart only changes statuses, when it gets info from the payment method.

So the feature request for core Phoca Cart should be something like, if the payment is not done and e.g. marked as cancelled, just add somewhere new re-checkout option for this order. But there can be so much issues and conflicts. E.g. what if there are no more items on stock while re-making a checkout or there are blocked items waiting for solving this current order, etc. etc. Then you will end with the new order and not to revive some old order. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
sulpher
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by sulpher »

I agree with colleagues - it depends on each payment service. However, there should be icon in the list of orders to re-launch the ordering again since now there is no way to do that. Perhaps an extra option in component configuration could help to display a button "pay now" and then patches can be done in payment method, if needed.
mino182
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by mino182 »

Maybe repeat order button, which add all items from order to cart and open checkout. Than checkout will show info if item is out of stock, like now. Or if item is unpublished, it will not add it. And do it as a new order so user can select different payment method, if first time he has a payment problem...

And at pending orders, maybe there should be two buttons : cancel & repeat order. Than it will be easy for user to make new order and cancel previous... And no need to rewrite PCPs...