Phoca Cart RC question

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Rusty
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Phoca Cart RC question

Post by Rusty »

Hi!

I read that Phoca Cart 5 will arrive next (?) time. So I guess there will be release candidates, right? If so, is it planned to make this RC versions updatable? Currently an update of beta versions is somethink like "risky". ;) Okay, it's a beta - everyone knows that.

BUT ... currently I build a new website - and plan to integrate PC 5. I want to know if it's possible to install the (soon?) coming release candidate to update it any time. My plan is to create my website - with PC 5 - and when PC 5 FINAL has been published (soon?) I make an update and start my website in the real world.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Cart RC question

Post by Jan »

Hi, all versions are updatable the same way (except, if there are more Beta versions, some SQL update queries need to be updated manually, as there is no option to have update SQL between Beta and Beta).

So if you will install RC version, most likely, there will be no more SQL update and the update to stable should be standard (where there will be some SQL change in RC, I will warn users to update manually if needed).

So there is no problem with updating files and folders, these are automatically updated by Joomla update, the problem could by only SQL queires between the same versions (e.g. Beta10 -> Beta30). Manual update of queries found in 5.0.0.sql file fix this problem easily.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Rusty
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Rusty »

Jan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 17:25 So there is no problem with updating files and folders, these are automatically updated by Joomla update, the problem could by only SQL queires between the same versions (e.g. Beta10 -> Beta30). Manual update of queries found in 5.0.0.sql file fix this problem easily.
Thanks for your information. Is there any timeframe on when we can expect the first RC?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in fact it depends on users how now test the multilanguage feature, if there will be no large problems, the RC will be released soon (I don't have any planned task for this version except fixing possible bugs in multilanguage).

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Jan

What multilanuguage feature do you want me to test?

I can get it all working on my test site in EN, ES, DE, FR, NL. Of course some language files may not yet be up to date to 5.0 but as long as those new features aren't used, there isn't a big issue, I think.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
What multilanuguage feature do you want me to test?
Phoca Cart --> Options --> Settings:

Category:

Product:

Kind regards,
Benno
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Benno

Is that in Beta 31?

I don't seem to find that
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
yes: backend --> Components --> Phoca Cart --> Control Panel --> Options --> Main --> Multilingual Options

Kind regards,
Benno
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

WOW!

A whole new world opens! Thanks!
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero