Configuration of digital and physical products

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Maggi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Configuration of digital and physical products

Post by Maggi »

Hello,
I have some principal questions about the config of Phoccart.....hope someone can help.
1. Is it possible to link from a article to a spefici product page?
2. Is it possible to set a value to a Maximum order quantity of a product?
3. If a customer order a product, it is possible to set the configuartion that the customer and the admin get a automatic email about the order. At the moment at my configuration I must set manual the status of the order to confirmed that the customer got the email and the admin got no emials at the moment.
4. I have physical and digital products, both can free or with a certain price. Of some of the products also different variations are possible, for example:
Flyer xy download and physical with price xy
Flyer xyz download free and physical with price xy
and so on and also
Flyer xyza download digital and physical products cost xy with different variations of the product (english, german, french etc).

At the moment I configure it all togehter and the variations of one product (xyza) I set it to physical and digtal product and set for each language a separate attribute with a separte Download-Token for each version of language to downlaod it.
The problem is, I can see nowhere the download link at the moment if I select one attribute and order it?
How can I select the physical product seperate of the digital attributes?
And if I only select one of a download product (one of the attributes) also the shipping price would shown at the order.
So it is possible to config it for all this different variations or do I have to seperate the digital products from the physical to take into account all possible variations?
Thanks

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Configuration of digital and physical products

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) just copy the URL of the product page and paste this link to the article directly. Articles in Joomla do not have any such option and if there will be extra plugin for this, it does not matter if you e.g. paste ID of article or whole page, so in such case, such plugin will not bring any extra facilitation :idea:

2) there is minimum amount of order, but there is no maximums order quantity, such can be managed by stock. You just set the stock amount and if such will be zero, it will be not possible to order such product.

3) in each oder status you can set the email will be sent, to customer and to other users listed in options. So e.g. if user makes order of something, the orders status will be automatically set to pending and if it is set in order status pending, then emails will be sent

4) if you want to have separeate physical product and digital attributes, maybe it is better to use two different products :idea:
There is option that if all products are download, then the shipping can be ignored, but if you have combined product, then this is not easy to differentiate, so it is better to use different products :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Maggi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Maggi »

Hello Jan,
thanks for your prompt answers. Sorry but mabe I am blind or confused, so I must ask something again.....
1.ok thx
2. Do I understand it correct your answer... what I mean is for example, that customer only can order for example 30 units of a product at one order. I think if I change the stock quantity, than also at the detail page will shown for example out of stock or something....
3. ok thanks it is solved I found it.
4."...There is option that if all products are download, then the shipping can be ignored,....". Sorry also, where is this option?
If a cusotmer order also digital and physical the shipping cost can be displayed (it is only for the physical), thats ok. In my example I have a product also physical and digital (see example: https://j4.gfg-fortbildung.de/index.php ... eranlieger). This is also digital in 4 languages available and also in 4 languages (variations) as physical, both for free, only if one or more physical will ordered than Shipping costs are due. If only digital not. Do I have to config also for physical products in each language a attribute? The reason why I want to config the orders of the free products (digital and physical) and with price products about the ordering process, is to get the name and adress of the customers and to see how much of this will downloaded (also the free products)....
ThX
Maggi
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

2) the stock is the only feature to limit the order amount and user get info about it in checkout (when the order is complete)

4)

This is then only valid, if all products in the cart are only "downloadable", not for mixed products.
Maggi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Maggi »

Hi Jan,
ok Point 4 will separate digital from physical products..thx

2. I am sorry but it is more difficult as I belive...with Point 2.
I config it for physical Products only now and: if a product is available (in Stock) under Product / Stock options /
Stock product > 0 than it is a text "in Stock" and the "basket" is visible in detail page. And also...
Stock product = 0 than it is "not in Stock" and the "basket" is not visible in detail page.
This is perfect how I need it. because the customer cannot order products that are not in Stock...
So now additional the maximum limit of a order should be limited for some of the products.
Normally if a customer buy a product the stock will be reduced, this is not good, because the rules above wouldn't work then anymore for the "basket" an the text of "availability".....
So i changed at "Order status" that, after a product is ordered, the stock counter doesnot reduce the number of the product.
Than it work correct with the rules and the visibility of basket and text "in Stock" or "not in Stock".
The problem now is, at your tip to limit the stock of a product to a number like 30, that the customer get a message if he try to order more than 30 - "The product is not available in the desired quantity or it is not in stock", that in my configuration the message does not appear. I think because the order doesnot reduce the stock quantity and the customer can order unlimitied.....
Do I understand it correct or is something in my config not as you would suggest?
i am confused....
Thanks
Maggi
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it depends on how many products are on the stock and the message is displayed only in checkout. So if there are 30 products on the stock and user wants to order 31, then he/she should get such information in checkout. :idea:

Jan
Maggi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Maggi »

Hi Jan,
thanks I found it... now...there are more than one button to control of stock quantity......under calculation/stock
Thanks
Maggi
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Sorry to bring this up again but for digital download products a maximum # would also be interesting, namely 1.

I mean if customer orders 10 (same) photos, he pays 10 times which is stupid because it is not linked to the setting of the allowed number of downloads. But customer would pay 10 times.

Or when a customer is browsing the images and adds one to the cart, then continues and comes back and adds it again. That shouldn't be possible for digital products. Nor does the 'Update quantity in cart' make any sense unless to correct these types of errors and let the customer bring it back down to one. (Reason why I can't hide it in CSS.)

But if a customer makes a mistake or didn't check the cart well before ordering ... what do we say "You shouldn't have been so silly?"
Not a very commercial answer :-D
mino182
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by mino182 »

And what if somebody sell digital product with licence for 1pc / 1 usecase and customer want more licenses? There is not only one way with digitals...