Duplicated confusing breadcrumbs with Joomla 5 and Phoca Download v5.0.0Beta2

Phoca Download - download manager
fakemoth
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Duplicated confusing breadcrumbs with Joomla 5 and Phoca Download v5.0.0Beta2

Post by fakemoth »

Anything I could to make the breadcrumbs not appear twice? In the frontend with latest Phoca Download beta I get something like:
Home > Folder1 > Folder2 > Folder1 > Folder2
When it should be something like:
Home > Folder1 > Folder2

It is even more confusing because due to my sanity's sake, the name of the menu in Joomla is the same with the name of the folder in Phoca. So they are really dopubled. More, the parent category Folder1 can't be accessed, in the middle of breadcrumb path.

The setting "Disable Breadcrumbs (Category View)" has been switched to Yes/No quite a few times, with no effect whatsoever (seemed to me this could the trick, but it doesn't). If I stop the Joomla breadcrumb module on that page all together, of course = everything is gone.

Am I missing something else or is it a beta bug?

One more other thing - any chance Phoca Download could also display the number of subcategories? Because I get something like "Folder2 (0)" when in that category I have tons of subcategories, all with files. It is somehow misleading for visitors.

Tried disabling it via "Display Number of Files (Categories View) = No" and "Display Number of Files (Categories View - Header) = No", again to no effect.

Thanks a bunch!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Duplicated confusing breadcrumbs with Joomla 5 and Phoca Download v5.0.0Beta2

Post by Jan »

Hi, the "Disable Breadcrumbs (Category View)" is here for this case of problems on some servers. I have tested this on problematic server, where duplicate items were displayed and everything was OK.

How many menu links do you use? Try to test it with only one menu link to Phoca Download.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
fakemoth
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Duplicated confusing breadcrumbs with Joomla 5 and Phoca Download v5.0.0Beta2

Post by fakemoth »

Thanks for taking the flag!
I don't understand the question, but my menus for specific Phoca Download categories just go to some subcategories, quite a few of them.
It seems that somehow, I get the menu breadcrumb AND than the Phoca breadcrumb, being named the same - they appear as duplicates, so maybe I could disable somehow the Phoca one? Doesn't that option do just that? They still appear after clicking multiple times back forth between Yes and No, like it has no effect.

Any idea why also the numbers of files in a category can't be disable (the second part of the post, that (0)). That one is somehow even more confusing for users, they will think there is nothing there.

For the Breadcrumbs I disabled the whole module on the Phoca Download pages, though it would be nice, a bit of extra navigation for users.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, on some servers, when more than one menu link to Phoca Download is created, this can produce such errors (in such case only one menu link - mostly to categories view should be created)

If the category does not have any files than it just displays zero. If you want to hide it, just use e.g. CSS to hide the suffix and or don't display number of documents

As you can see e.g. here:
https://www.phoca.cz/download/68-phoca- ... -component
the breadcrumbs usually work normal.

Jan
fakemoth
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by fakemoth »

So I misunderstood, about the number of files? These options are set to No in my case, though I still get the numbers everywhere; do they do anything/something else? If they don't do anything maybe they should be removed, just saying - at least you will not be nagged about them here on the forums :D

https://imgur.com/mGHx6R0

PS for the life of me I can't insert a proper picture inline here with the img tag , sorry to keep inserting links; and this help page is not found https://www.phoca.cz/documents/50-phoca ... forum-post
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you paste a screenshot of which numbers do you exactly mean?

Jan