Problem with files for registered users only: 404 Page not found

Phoca Download - download manager
robytotem
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Problem with files for registered users only: 404 Page not found

Post by robytotem »

Hi everyone, I have this problem: I uploaded some files and I set that they can only be downloaded by users registered on the site. If I click on the file, the login request appears correctly but when I enter the login data, the 404 page always appears: Page not found!!!
However, I notice that I log in and if I try to download the file again, this time (being already logged into the site) it makes me download the file.
What do you think could be causing this 404 problem?

Thank you

Phocadownload 4.0.6
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problem with files for registered users only: 404 Page not found

Post by Jan »

Hi, do you get the same problem even when you disable SEF in Joomla Global Configuration (for test only)?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
robytotem
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by robytotem »

Hi, I wanted to thank you and in fact by deactivating SEF I no longer have the problem. However, I'm sorry that I no longer have links that are easy to read, because I would like to avoid seeing the link with the php id etc...
Can you recommend me a component or plugin to have easy links and that won't give me the problem with your component?
Thank you
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

The question is, why do you get SEF problems on your site? How many menu links to Phoca Download did you create? Only one (standard) or more items?

Jan
robytotem
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by robytotem »

On my site I don't encounter SEF problems, in fact it works very well and the links are correct. The problem only appears when I try to download a document that has been set as "registered": it asks me to log in, I do so and a 404 error appears but then I see that in fact it has logged me and then it makes me download the file.
Now the SEF is disabled and I no longer have this problem. The menu link is just one "Documentation" and obviously I have several folders with files inside divided into the various folders.
The strange thing is that I noticed that if I put the mouse on the download button, I see the link that is generated which is very long and maybe that's why the problem appears...
Now with SEF deactivated, everything works...but the links are no longer SEF ;)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, usually (with SEF or without SEF enabled), when you click on file to download and it is protected by access rights, you are redirected to login page (such url inlcude base64 encoded hash with URL to go back to download page again - after login). Hard to say but maybe there comes to some problem when creating the SEF link on your site or on the login page. Do you use standard login page?

Testing now different instances: Joomla 4 and Joomla 5 and everything is OK there :idea:

Jan
robytotem
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by robytotem »

Jan wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 13:04 Hi, usually (with SEF or without SEF enabled), when you click on file to download and it is protected by access rights, you are redirected to login page (such url inlcude base64 encoded hash with URL to go back to download page again - after login). Hard to say but maybe there comes to some problem when creating the SEF link on your site or on the login page. Do you use standard login page?

Testing now different instances: Joomla 4 and Joomla 5 and everything is OK there :idea:

Jan
Hi and sorry for the delay. Yes I use the standard login form. I really don't know, could I use some component or plugin that does the SEF for me? Thank you
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't know which SEF components are now active as normally the standard SEF is used in Joomla - and normally it works. I am testing it on different servers, there are no problems with redirect after login to SEF URL of Phoca Download :idea:
nizaram
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by nizaram »

I actually have the same error!
how can we solve it?

joomla version 4.4.3
phoca download 5.0.1
login with Community Builder 2.9.1+build.2024.03.12.20.16.20.9aa2b4033

SEF active on general settings
nizaram
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by nizaram »

Update...
I noticed this difference in the link with and without SEF

1. without SEF All OK: https://www.vitomanzari.com/index.php?o ... temid=2344

2. with SEF (404 Error) after having Decode from Base64 format return link: index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=file&id=666:canzone-di-san-damiano-donovan-manzari&Itemid=2344

with SEF I notice that the category of the file to download is missing!
in this case "catid=64"