504 Gateway Time-out

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
Cremastero
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

504 Gateway Time-out

Post by Cremastero »

Hi,
I use Phoca Gallery in my K2 items to show pictures from Picasa. Recently when I try to show more then 150-200 pictures I must wait for a long time for loading. Sometimes for 1-2 minutes, sometimes I got error: 504 Gateway Time-out. I do not know what is the reason, beacuse I am using Phoca Gallery for a long time and I did not have any problems 2-3 months ago. My dedicated server is a very strong one.
Could you give me a tip?
Best regards,
Arek
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out

Post by Jan »

Hi, this can be some problem with memory, maybe :idea: , but loading of 200 images should not be a problem. You should check e.g. debug mode (enable in global configuration) to see which e.g. sql query loads slowly, etc. When a site in Joomla! is loaded, in fact all possible parts are set there: template, in your case K2 items, plugins, modules, etc. so this needs to be found (to test it, mostly you should disable all plugins, all modules and try to enable them step by step to know which part can make this problem :idea: )

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Cremastero
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Cremastero »

Hi Jan, thank you for your tip. I checked my website many times and I still cannot solve the problem with long time of loading. Could you tell me if it is a proper behavior: after I import Picasa gallery, I still do not have thumbnails on my server. Thumbnails are creating (and it takes a while...) when I load my new article for the first time. And my thumbnails in Joomla are different then thumbnails in Picasa though they have the same dimensions. Please look at the end of the links:
JOOMLA: - images/thumbnails/lh3.googleusercontent.com/-svd71KAvHAA/V6EVoA307FI/AAAAAAABDbU/FueatU2TaZULZ7m3gIEOmqWaUD3BtLxaQCHM/s144/03-3704-fill-128x85.jpg
PICASA: - lh3.googleusercontent.com/-svd71KAvHAA/V6EVoA307FI/AAAAAAABDbU/1iggGAujoKQ7-uuFvmiJu3bcJGVfqBfvwCCo/s128/03-3704.jpg
Is is right and is it necessary that Joomla creates their own thumbnails from Picasa?
Regards,
Arek
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
after I import Picasa gallery, I still do not have thumbnails on my server
This is right, this is the function of external images, you don't have any images on your server stored, they are stored on external service.

Yes, in Picasa, there are specific thumbnails sizes, so you should adapt the sizes on your site to the Picasa thumbnails sizes:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... gle-photos
Is is right and is it necessary that Joomla creates their own thumbnails from Picasa?
No, new thumbnails are not created, thumbnails on Picasa will be select by the thumbnails size set in Options.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project