[Request] Category Images on popup box

mscardenas
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

[Request] Category Images on popup box

Post by mscardenas »

Hi Jan,

Right now when you click on the links (image or text links) from the list of image gallery categories, the page will reload and will display the images of the gallery chosen.

Would it be possible that instead of reloading the page, the images of your chosen category would instead be inside a popup box in effect the page would not reload? I was thinking of an application where I can just list all the available galleries via its categories, and by clicking each link a popup box would appear containing the category's images. :)

Thank you!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: [Request] Category Images on popup box

Post by Jan »

Hi, if the page should not be new loaeded, then you need to load all categories and images to the site, so then your server will not be able to do it (if there are a lot of categories and images) :idea: :(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
mscardenas
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mscardenas »

hmmm... I believe you're right..

Preloading all images would be a pain for the user, especially if I have many categories and images for each category. Maybe I can do it through AJAX instead? E.g. No images will be loaded when the categories are listed, and when you click on a category, that's when a popup box would appear, and a call through AJAX with queries on the image categories will be loaded? :) It would be cool to be able to do that!
mscardenas
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mscardenas »

The popup box will look cooler as it won't reload the page, the AJAX would take care of loading the images each time you click on a category. But is this doable? I mean looking at your code, I don't think I will be able to modify it for the popup box effect; I am not yet a good/hardcore php programmer (it would take me a lot of studying/time if ever I can pull this off). :(