External links

Phoca Download - download manager
rosciak
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

External links

Post by rosciak »

I installed Phoca Downloads for the first time and I want to tell, this is really good piece of software. But i have 2 questions.

1) Looks like it's not counting downloads, when file is downloading from external link (external server)

My temporary solution is 'show downloads - no'. Is there any way to start counting external file links ?

2) No possibility to add file size to files from external links.

My temporary solution is - I'm addidng (file size xx MB) to the name of file. But it's look different than files downloaded from local server, which file size looks much better. Maybe this will be good idea is add a field file size for external files ?

PS: I modified graphic and css files for dark background (with rgb code #222222 as background). I can upload these modified files, if anyone is interesting with that. You can see that at http://battlestations.eu top menu Downloads.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: External links

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) yes, there is no way how to write statistics from some external server :-(
2) yes, the same, there is no way to recognize size of some file, which is stored on some external server :-(

With PHP you don't have any access to some external server.

CSS - looks great, If you confirm, I can add this css or similar css to the component, so this can be selected in Settings.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Ripper_Head
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Ripper_Head »

Hello

He was interested in the role of statistics of external links. Is there any possibility to apply by clicking on the button?

That means that when an external link and click download act as if it was internal.

Best regards and congratulations for your project
Ripper_Head
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Ripper_Head »

It is very difficult to apply the same criteria from one mode to another? I hope you can help me
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, sorry I don't understand.

As you cannot access some external server, you cannot store statistics from this server :-( so you cannot store statistics for external links.

Jan
rosciak
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by rosciak »

Thanks for the answers Jan - I don't know why i don't received any emails about answers :cry: So I was sure there is no answers.

Of course I'm confirming I can upload css template for free and for all. Just tell me where I should send zipped files.
1) yes, there is no way how to write statistics from some external server :-(
2) yes, the same, there is no way to recognize size of some file, which is stored on some external server :-(
Maybe it is possible to recognize the file is internal/external stored and if its external:

1) Maybe PhocaDownload download can counts clicks on Download button instead of normal counting?
2) Maybe its a good idea to add a possibility to write filesize manually at the back end as an option?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) as the link doesn't links to your site but to external link, you cannot work up it :-(
2) sorry I don't understand :-(

Jan
a2phone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by a2phone »

Dear Jan,

Firstly, I am sorry in replying someone's treadh with my problem in external link download
in my download manager there are two kind of download link = external and internal link (in our server)
my problem is can we change external link to nofollow link
codejunkie
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by codejunkie »

a2phone wrote:Dear Jan,

Firstly, I am sorry in replying someone's treadh with my problem in external link download
in my download manager there are two kind of download link = external and internal link (in our server)
my problem is can we change external link to nofollow link
It is not a configurable setting, but you can create a template override file from the category default view (/component/com_phocadownload/views/category/tmpl/default.php). You may want to copy this file to your {default (active) template folder}/html/com_phocadownload/category/default.php

You can find additional information on template overrides on Joomla.org.
Download Phoca Download Menu Module for listing Sections or Categories.
a2phone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by a2phone »

Thank you for replying my problem sir,

give me more details please after copy to the active template ..

Thanks