formatting controls do not work

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
sdx9000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Hi, I have installed

Post by sdx9000 »

Hi, I have installed wamp, Gallery module1.5.5, Gallery Plugin1.4.2 (I have tried 1.5 too) on Joomla 1.5.1 together with Universatil template (I tested with Bees too)

I can not get the settings to work with categories view as well as some options for category view, for example Demo code :
phocagallery view=categories|hidecategories=7|imagecategoriessize=smallshadow

esults in a simple small thumbnail and the text with picture count next to it (in Universatil text is alligned to the top vertically and doesn't look as well as Demo or with Bees template) without border, not to mention shadow, which doesn't work anywhere.

Infact I can not get the download button to appear, shadows never appear, and some other settings are useless. In the end I can not get a reasonable look out of categories view. BTW, I think that it was the same before I instaled plugin, I just haven't tried to configure module so much
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Which version of Pho

Post by Jan »

Which version of Phoca Gallery Component do you have?? Did they shadow images exists on the disc:

com_phocagallery/assets/images...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
sdx9000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Well, I just tried c

Post by sdx9000 »

Well, I just tried component (I called it module before) version 1.5.7 - same problem. I made a screenshot with article editor and results I get:
Screenshot

and yes I have 3 files "shadow1.jpg" in the assets/images folder
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi, I must update th

Post by Jan »

Hi, I must update the plugin, the plugin doesn't work with jpg (only with gif)
Second, if you want to show the shadow in category view (not categories view), you should add:
imageshadow=shadow3...

I will let you if when I update the plugin ...

Jan
sdx9000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

don't know if i

Post by sdx9000 »

don't know if it's relevant - I have legacy 1.0 mode on for Community Builder 1.1, other than that I don;t think there is anything special on my installation
sdx9000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

sorry, agian I wrote

Post by sdx9000 »

sorry, agian I wrote inprecise information I have 3 files:
C:\wamp\www\test1\components\com_phocagallery\assets\images\shadow1.gif
C:\wamp\www\test1\components\com_phocagallery\assets\images\shadow2.gif
C:\wamp\www\test1\components\com_phocagallery\assets\images\shadow3.gif
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Please download new

Post by Jan »

Please download new Phoca Gallery plugin (1.5.7) and you must upgrade the component (there is no new Phoca Gallery component, but there are some changes in 1.5.7 - so download the 1.5.7 and upgrade)

Jan
sdx9000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

well, thanks for sup

Post by sdx9000 »

well, thanks for support, you have really made great components, I love them, that's why I'm trying to make it work instead of switching to alternatives, but here is what I get now:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PhocaGalleryHelper::getformaticoncomponent() in C:\wamp\www\test1\plugins\content\phocagallery.php on line 341

Now I have the latest versions af both component and plugin (uninstalled-installed new plugin, no upgrade was available)

That error was for the same demo code you can see in the previous Screenshot, no changes, other than new plugin were made
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

The getformaticoncom

Post by Jan »

The getformaticoncomponent method is available in 1.5.7 COMPONENT now, I have changed it. I added this method because of the plugin... You must upgrade the component too (but I didn't change the version, so you must update the 1.5.7 with 1.5.7 from today)

Jan
sdx9000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Perfect, thank you,

Post by sdx9000 »

Perfect, thank you, it works! now with today's updated component and plugin it works.
I only still have one minor problem I can live with, but anyway. In Categories view in my template vertical allingment of thumbnail and text is to the top instead of middle, therefore it doesn't look as good as it could and if you use any option with shadow it gets messed up, because thumbnail is somewhere on the top edge of the shadow.
It would be a nice feature to have an override style for this vertical allingment and the text style (color) too. But for me, I can live with what is available already, thank you!

We will use both your gallery and guestbook on our new Student selfgoverment website, they both are fantastic! you're the man