Phoca Cart and Phoca Restaurant Pro

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
spinfx
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Cart and Phoca Restaurant Pro

Post by spinfx »

Hi Jan

I've been using Phoca Restaurant Pro for one of my clients to great success.
Now they have asked if I can add a 'take-away' facility where customers order and pay in advance, then pick up their meals.
I was looking at your great Phoca Cart and wondered if it's possible to integrate Phoca Cart with Phoca Restaurant by porting the menu information from the resturant component to the cart component - in otherwords, use the same data in both applications.
I'm sure you can see the benefit of this - it would provide wider sales opportunities for Phoca Restaurant by opening it up to the takeaway market.

Please advise if this is possible or if it is something you could add.

Best regards, David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Cart and Phoca Restaurant Pro

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no such option, in the future, I would like to look a this feature but for now there is no such option :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
spinfx
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by spinfx »

Hi Jan
Here's wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Year :-)
Have you had any further thoughts on the above idea?
Logically, I see the best way to integrate the two is by use of a plugin for Phoca Restaurant that activates the cart and provides a pre-payment method for take-aways. The strength would be in the use of only one set of product data (the restaurant menu), by offering the same products as a takeaway option - maybe another button to put the item(s) in the cart.
Anyway, just touching base with you.
Best wishes, David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, but it is not so easy, as in cart, because of security reasons, you check for all possible things like price, stock, availability, recalculating payment (voucher) methods, shipment methods, etc. so this is really no so easy. I by myself am interested in such feature, but first I need to finish the cart and then I can think about the implementation for other components :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project