Javascript Conflict?

Traveller594
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Javascript Conflict?

Post by Traveller594 »

I am developing a new site using Joomla 2.5.4 and have installed Phoca Gallery 3.2.0. All seems to work OK but I am having problems with a javascript (PTViewer - used for viewing 360 VR panoramic images). I have pretty much proved that the problem is caused by a conflict with Phoca Gallery component simply because the PTViever javascript works as soon as I disable the Phoca Gallery component.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might enable both the PTViewer javascript and Phoca Gallery to work? Incidentally, the PTViewer script has been around for several years and is widely used. I ran it on a Joomla 1.5 site for several years without a problem - with an earlier version of Phoca Gallery.

The conflict can be seen at http://www.openphotographicsociety.org/ ... Itemid=613

NB: You will need to enter the front-end passwords username "Test" and password "Test".

I have tested the site with a standard template and the conflict remains.

Comments appreciated.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Javascript Conflict?

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to test it with different popup methods, there are different javascript libraries loaded on the site while using Phoca Gallery. Mostly , e.g. if you run standard modal box, this is a Joomla! standard feature - so if you get problems (conflicts) with modal box, then the conflict is between the extension and Joomla! as Phoca Gallery loads standard Joomla! mootools methods. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project