blank/empty fields in email and attachment

Before you ask about IDnR Addon see the VirtueMart - Invoice, Delivery Note and Receipt Addon
alex.strachwitz
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

blank/empty fields in email and attachment

Post by alex.strachwitz »

Hi, please help me on this one:

I installed "com_virtuemart_IDnR_addon (DE)" and everything is fine.
I installed "com_virtuemart_IDnR_Email_addon (DE)" and everything seems to be fine, but:

When I click the email-button (Delivery Tab), the email is generated, but the values, which should be automatically put in are blank (Lieferungs-Nr.: 00000000 (Ihre Auftrags-Nr.: 00000000 vom ) NOTE: the # are 000 and the date is missing completely). Sending the mail works, but also the attached pdf just consists of the template, no real info put in!
Just klicking the PDF button (Delivery Tab) works fine (com_virtuemart_IDnR_addon) and the pdfs are correct!

I guess there is some error in the includes.. somehow the script does not get the values of the variables...

Do you know what I have to look for and where? :?

my setup is: Joomla 1.5.7 and VirtueMart 1.1.2
Thank you
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: blank/empty fields in email and attachment

Post by Jan »

Hi, the IDnR Email is the same as IDnR ... only pdf are stored in your server and then sent by email ... In IDnR the pdf is sent to browser, in IDnR Email the pdf is saved in server ??? there shoudl be no problems there ... try to 'reinstall' the files... copy the files again into your server ??? :(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
alex.strachwitz
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Hi Jan, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I had no success. I re-installed, all standard (english), checked file permissions, re-created test-orders, re-created test-deliveries to update the DB... no luck...

Again/Still, the PDF button works nice, the email button only partly. It seems clicking the email button does not trigger any query from the DB, as just nothing is put in the email and related attachment. Does the click on the email button call the event clicking the PDF button, or does it trigger its own PDF creation and tmp-saving?

Any other ideas how to track this matter down? :idea:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Clicking on Email button, only email forms will be displayed, if you select some PDF document in the footer of email forms, than the pdf document will be created and saved into a tmp file (try to see the permissions of tmp file and see if ftp layer is enabled)... Email will be sent with this created pdf document after... The PDF should get all data from database ???

Jan
alex.strachwitz
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

The weird thing is, that the email AND the attached PDF do not get the data from the database. I can send the email with attachment, receive it with attachment, but the email text and the PDF text does not include the specific data from the database.

Is there a way I can test (e.g. MsgBox) that data is queried from the database?

The permissions of the tmp folder are checked and OK. The PDF gets created, sent and deleted within a couple of seconds...so this part works just fine.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

see the common language file, if there is e.g. some error which caused not displaying of data ???

To test the data, you should use some print_r(...) in the code

in:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/order.order_email.php

here you will find the sql queries so you can add after sql query a print_r to know if the data are there, e.g.

print_r($dbo); ... etc...
alex.strachwitz
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

SOLVED!

IDnR Email does not comply with Firefox 3.0.1 and VirtueMart's "Extended Layout". The MS IE however works fine with IDnR Email and VirtueMart in the Extended Layout option.

SOLVED!