JAM and Favicon

Phoca Favicon - simple creation of favicon in Joomla! CMS
Gauranga
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

JAM and Favicon

Post by Gauranga »

Hi

I created a new article from JAM (Joomla Admin Mobile for _ _) for the first time. Everything went ok but then I realized that my favicon disappeared. This may be incidental but it really was sequential, i.e. after uploding the article. Now I am unable to create another Favicon in this template. Other templates are ok. Is it possible that JAM changed something somewhere?

I installed Phoca's Favicon but it still doesn't show the Favicon in this particular template. However, it works well with another template. What to do? What is the full path where the Phoca Favicon is stored? I have a valid Favicon in my template root but it doesn't show any more in Firefox.

Gauranga
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: JAM and Favicon

Post by Jan »

Hi, no experiences with JAM :-(

The favicon are stored in root directory of every template, maybe the favicon is somehow locked and cannot be overwritten by Favicon? :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Gauranga
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Gauranga »

Thank you! Resolved! It was actually a browser issue.

Still I have one more question. You said the Favicon is in the root of the template. Is it called favicon.ico.bak? Is that the actual file which the component produces? I am asking this because I read that the component backs up the icon file. Again my question: Is the favicon.ico.bak the actual file the component creates or is it only a backup file? If it is the actual file then the path would be root/templates/mytemplate/favicon.ico.bak. Is that correct? If it is NOT the proper file what is the exact path to the proper favicon file?

I have another file in the template root called favicon.ico. Would that be interferring?

Gauranga
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, favicon.ico is actual file
favicon.ico.bak is the backuped file (bak extension is used for backuped files)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project