Moved to new server issues

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
keepitfrozen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Moved to new server issues

Post by keepitfrozen »

We'll this is sort of a strange one for me. I just moved from a shared hosting account to a dedicated server and i got the site up and running and all seems well but i needed to add some more photo's. I'll try and explain what's happening the best i can.

I normally just upload the images to a folder structure that i create and then just navigate to the folder, typically via the multiple add images link in phoca. After choosing all the images and choosing to save which should start the tumbnail generation process, it just jumps back to the gallery screen. Almost like it skips generating the image and then they images are listed but they dont exist. No previews, just gray boxes. I've attached a screen shot so you can see what i'm talking about. I thought maybe this would be as permissions issues but i set all the file permissions to 777 just to be sure but that had no affect. I wanted to just remove phoca all together and then reinstall but i really cant afford to loose all those settings, it would take me forever to add back all the galleries. So perhaps you could offer some advise on how to reinstall Phoca and retain my galleries and categories.

thanks,

Mark
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Moved to new server issues

Post by Jan »

Try to upgrade, while upgrade, no original image in phocagallery folder will be lost and no data in database (all settings) will be lost... After upgrade you must only resave the menu link to gallery if you are using SEF, see:
https://www.phoca.cz/phocagallery/user-m ... ca-gallery

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
keepitfrozen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by keepitfrozen »

Humm there's something wrong with the GD function. See attached screen shot. I'm not really sure what GD function is.

MJ
keepitfrozen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by keepitfrozen »

I just spoke my host and the have confirmed that GD is installed... hummm. Is there something more that needs to be installed?

quote from tech support:
Mark,

After looking at your server I see that the GD module is already installed. Is there anything else that needs installed or can you confirm that its not working properly/at all?

GD Support => enabled
GD Version => bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
thanks,

Mark
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

try to remove the cafe_montana picture, some pictures can be not converted by GD (if they contain some error)... Maybe it is only one image which causes the problems, try it pleas... try to see your permissions on your server:
https://www.phoca.cz/articles/web/how-to ... d-folders/
keepitfrozen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by keepitfrozen »

I dont know, i'm at the end of my rope. I've tried every permission i can think of. I reuploaded all of the images. I even setup a joomla_test site with a clean install of Joomla and Phoca and the i still get the same error when trying to create thumbnails. Any other thoughts? i sure hope so.. :x
keepitfrozen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by keepitfrozen »

Ok, problem solved..

I contacted the host again and told them that this has to be a problem with the GD library and they are just going to have to reinstall , recompile, redo something to make this work correctly. I also told them that if they didnt do it , I was going to send Jan over to kick their asses. :)

Either way , whatever they did solved the problem and I'm back to being happy with my wonderful Phoca Gallery. Jan thank you so much for your patience and response's to my questions, a 50.00 US dollar donation is on it's way to help continue the development. Oh and i have a pretty big wish list. :P

thanks again Jan..

Mark
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Great to hear it. Thank you for the donation, Jan