[Q] Feature Requests......

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
TheEdge
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

G'Day,

Post by TheEdge »

G'Day,

I have 1.2.0 installed on 1.5 RC4 and it is working well. Couple of feature requests:

1. When generating thumbs it would be nice if the page showed the file count as it was proceeding eg. 10/30
1.1 I would like to defer the creation of the thumbnails until a time of my choosing instead of having them be generated right away. Perhaps even invoke a cron job to do this.
1.2 I would like an option to regenerate a thumbnail from within the back end.
2. The ALT text for the image as well as the icons should show useful information instead of the image filename. This could be date, size etc. Basically any Exif data the image contains.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi.1. Be

Post by Jan »

Hi.

1. Because of 30 sec. script limitation, only one image thumbnail is generated and after this generation, there will be a http redirection (new script will be loaded), so there is not a count of all images which will be generated...

1.2 If you delete a thumbnail, image will be regenerated automatically, so you can delete it in Media Manager and go to Phoca Gallery, there will be new thumbnail regenerated
1.3 yes it can, it shows filename, because in thumbnail box, the filename can be wrapped...

But thank you for your feature reqeust, we will se what we can do...
Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
TheEdge
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

1. But as you know w

Post by TheEdge »

1. But as you know which file to direct to I am assuming that you have scanned the file system at some point so couldnt you pass the file count as a parameter with each redirect?
1.2 OK
1.3 Would be nice to know more about the image. Looking forward to you adding that.

TIA
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

1. yes I can

Post by Jan »

1. yes I can
Vedaro
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Hi..Is t

Post by Vedaro »

Hi..

Is there a possibility to pause a slideshow? The symbol in the slide show || suggests it would pause the slideshow but on hit it jumps back to the beginning of the slideshow. Maybe there could be two buttons a ■ and a || for stopping and pausing a slideshow.

best regards
Max
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

- yes, you right, I have fixed it... There should be stop. You cannot pause the slideshow, only stop it... Now there is all right...

Jan
Vedaro
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

I digged a bit in th

Post by Vedaro »

I digged a bit in the code. If you change the javascript call to generate the slideshow from "new fadeshow(fadeimages, ..., ... , ..., ..., 0)" to "new fadeshow(fadeimages, ..., ... , ..., ..., 1)" the slideshow is paused on mouseover.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »