please, help me about some abilities of gallery

General Forum
sarandon
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

please, help me about some abilities of gallery

Post by sarandon »

Good day,
My name is Sergey. Now our company works building a new portal, and wee use PhocaGallery as an element. We do it by Joomla 1.5.
I need to place some elements of ruling gallery on main page. For example, our user could create new folders straightly on site page, not with a help of admin module of Joomla.
Maybe you have got any plugins for it? Or could help me how could I do it by hands :|
And also we have some troubles in users group rights. I suggest that they should create such galleries but only some special group of users. How could I realize it?

Thanks,
Hope you help me
Sergey.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: please, help me about some abilities of gallery

Post by Jan »

Hi, users cannot create the folder yet :( ... there are the same user groups as in joomla:
registered (all registered) and special (administrators) :(

User cannot create a folder in front because the folder creation takes a rights adding which can be do only in admin (e.g. some limits).... It is in feature request list...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
sarandon
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sarandon »

Hi, Jan, thanks for your reply!
But I try to explain my problem more correctly.
I want to create a gallery on our portal, and my users could be authors of photos in it.
So they must have rights to create author`s categories and sub-categories for placing their photos.
To ask me to create them such categories and folders in admin module is too complicated and not comfortable path.
I want to give them a possibility to create such author`s categories from frontend. For example, they ask me only to include them in a group of authors, and that`s all. I give this very user a right "to be an author", and after that after refreshing he would see on frontend such module "create a folder" (we understand that really it means to create a category, not phisical folder), and a form where he would write a name of a folder, for example, "Vasya". After that on a frontend we see a folder "Vasya". He could click it and see a picture for backstep (as it is now), and a little lower again such module "create a folder" (for creatind sub-category, for example, "I am on Paris last summer"), and also module "update photos" (if he doesn`t create sublevel and prefer place photos just here). And if he create such "inner folder" so he could see there only a module to update photos. So I don`t want to give him a possibility to create more complicated structure than 2 levels.
But ! He mustn`t have a right: to change categories of other users; to do smth else in admin module and even not to come into the admin module at all; to change structure which he has already created. All such work I do for him by his request.
How could I hope to your help in this problem?

Yours, Sergey.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi the creation of this possibility is in plans... It looks like an easy function... just adding a form for creating folder... but there is a very difficult behaviour in rights and permissions ... there are conflicts between:

rights for registered, rights for special, rights for private categories ( categories view x category view x detail view x map view).... then the default parameters must be set (e.g. if user will create new category - new folder, limits must be saved automatically) ... and and....

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project