Problem Creating Category

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Ellie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Problem Creating Category

Post by Ellie »

Hi I am a newbie at websites. I have inherited the administration on a site and want to install PhocaGallery. I have installed the component (on Joomla 1.5 legacy) and got the "expected" - Error Saving Phoca Gallery Categories - message. I have read through the user manual and found the phpMyAdmin folders etc, changed the #_phoca... to jos_phoca... as instructed but still no joy.

I am so new at the SQL thing that I don't know how to run the query in phpMyAdmin. I have read the forums messages, but I don't have enough background to do all the backend programming - if it don't work I don't really know how to fix it.

Can you help me. The module looks great on the demo site and if I can get the category and create table thing to work the site users will be more than happy.

Thanks Ellie
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problem Creating Category

Post by Jan »

Just click on link to your database in phpMyAdmin, then click on SQL link, you get a textarea input form and there you paste the changed (#__ to jos_) SQL query. Run the query with submit button...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Ellie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Ellie »

Hi Jan

Thanks sooo much. You know I read all the posts where you told everyone else to do that. I don't know why I missed it but I hit the phpMyAdmin the second time and it works. Thank you so much - off to the bookstore now to learn more.

Love the module!! Ellie :twisted:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Great to hear it, Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project