Filter on image directory

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Rudolf
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Filter on image directory

Post by Rudolf »

Hallo Jan,

Using and playing around with de Phoca Gallery options, I noticed when adding multiple images you see all images in the \Images\Phocagalley map. If you collect a large amount of images, i.e. 1000+, it wil take a while to select one to add to the gallery.
Is it possible to add an option which will check the database on already publish images, so you check or uncheck the published/unpublished option? Another option might be an extra filteroption as in the Galley overview also is available, so can downsize the amount of images you'll see to make it easier to select one or more.

Thanks,

Rudolf
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Filter on image directory

Post by Jan »

Hi I don't understand, there is a pagination for listing image in their categories, so you can set e.g. only 20 images per page (the standard pagination) ???
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Rudolf
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Rudolf »

Hi Jan,

You are right about pagination of the created thumbnails in the various categories. But what I ment is the source directory from which you have to select new images to create thumbnails from. If the amount is over a 1000 you will have to scroll them all to select one or more new ones. It would be easier to filter before on name or date so there will be less to choose from.

in my case Ilike to create a gallery of beermats/coasters from around the globe. The amount is increasing and finnaly will be over 15000 images or so.

Thanks, Rudolf
Last edited by Rudolf on 16 Jun 2008, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

source directory - the source directory is the file directory on your server, in you phoca gallery folder... the same as you can see in some file manager or ftp manager... If you want to have organized view, you should create folders with subfolders... I didn't seen pagiantion in file or media manager, so there is the same behaviour...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project