Custom picture URL

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
jxrossel
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Hi,I wou

Post by jxrossel »

Hi,

I would like to use the gallery plugin to display a picture in the "shadow box" (detailed view), but I want to use a custom URL to open it.

I know that you can set the plugin parameters to display only 1 picture without thumbnail. But in that case, the picture name is used as the URL to the detailed view. Can I customize this?

Thanks

Jonathan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi, sorry I don'

Post by Jan »

Hi, sorry I don't understand this:

I know that you can set the plugin parameters to display only 1 picture without thumbnail. But in that case, the picture name is used as the URL to the detailed view. Can I customize this?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jxrossel
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Ok,Sorry

Post by jxrossel »

Ok,

Sorry not to be clear enough... and sorry again, I was wrong! Actually, I misread the demo page for the plugin. Let's try a simpler way. Here is what I would like to do:

I'd like to have a URL link within an article that, when clicked, opens a picture of my gallery within a "Modal Popup Box" (the standard detailed view with the black overlay). I'd like to have no thumbnail within the article and I'd like to be able to give any expression as front-end of the link.

More explicitely: I'd like to write an article containing the name of a guy and I'd like to use his name as a hyperlink to his picture. Of course, I would like to take advantage of the clean detailed view offered by Phoca. Is it possible with the plugin?

Thanks

Jonathan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

If you create a plug

Post by Jan »

If you create a plugin with some image and copy the link, you can set this copied link as only text link too. But the detail image must exist in Phoca Gallery...

Jan

EDIT: Don't forget to copy the link with all attributes: ONCLICK, REL, ... Without these parameters it will not work

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jxrossel
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Hi,Thank

Post by jxrossel »

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

So, actually, I don't need the plugin. I can just open my photo gallery, get the HTML code lying behind it, copy the links (and attributes) corresponding to the detailed view of the pictures, customize it and paste it in an article. It works and that's great!

Having said this, it could be an interesting development of the plugin to have this behaviour (i.e. single picture - no picture thumbnail - custom url text) as an option.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

-EDIT-

Woops... Not completely true. I did my previous tests with the plugin activated somewhere else in my article. If the plugin is not launched somewhere, the corresponding script is not included in the page and the simple link copying does not work...

Any idea?

Jonathan

-Re-EDIT-

Ok, I found a solution. Not very elegant, but it is sufficient to call the plugin somewhere in the article with an inexistant picture or category (e.g. with ID = 0). Like this, it does not return any elements but the script is included.