Phoca Acero Template: Background

Phoca Templates - templates for Joomla! CMS
masagermany
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Acero Template: Background

Post by masagermany »

Hi all,

first of all: The Phoca Templates are awesome! :twisted: for the Phoca Team :)

I'd like to change the background of the content area and Navigation (as for part 1):

Part one:
Everything that is white now I want to change to a light brown color. I know I have to adjust the "framing graphics" like lbg.png and rbg.png. But the CSS-Work seems to be a bit difficult to me. What styles do I have to change?

Part two:
For the same area (like in part 1) but excluding the navigation column, I want to show a background image as well. The area right from the navigation should show a light picture. I think it's #phoca-content2. the Problem is:

Code: Select all

#phoca-content2 {
	position:	relative;
	float:		left;
	width: 		715px;
	overflow:	hidden;
	padding:	10px;
	background-image: url(../images/content-background-1.gif);
}
If the image is larger than the content block the background image gets cut off at the bottom. :idea: So I am wondering: Can I place an image behind the content2 area? => The whole area below the header, right from the navigation, and above the footer.

Sum up: I'd like to change the white part to a light brown color. And I want to show a large background picture (it's a photo!) behind the text/article area.

I appreciate any help :)
Masa
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Acero Template: Background

Post by Jan »

Hi

1) Sorry I don't understand: "But the CSS-Work seems to be a bit difficult to me" ... the background is made by images (as you wrote), not by CSS

2) As background there is a white image widht rounded corners which are repating, so if you will paste there your background image, you need to do some new box, which will be over this background...

for the light brown background you need to change the background image, just replace the white color on this image to light brown, but be aware not all the image have white background, there is transparent background too..

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
masagermany
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by masagermany »

Thank you so much for replying!! :twisted:
for the light brown background you need to change the background image, just replace the white color on this image to light brown,
What is the name of this image please?

I tried to find out myself..., so I change all backgrounds to the wanted light brown (test wise!), but there is still some white. Where do I change this white to light brown. I don't get it sorry. :?

Actually, look at the screenshot, content area: If you "invert" the screenshot it's the solution!
-> everything that has a brown background now, must be transparent (I can change that, no problem)
-> everything that is white in the screenshot, must have the wanted light brown.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

the background is done by two background images:

- rbg and lbg (rbg includes transparent color too)

see attachment (I have done the files with light brown)

Jan
lbg.png
rbg.png
masagermany
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Phoca Acero Template: Background [SOLVED]

Post by masagermany »

omg! :o

rbg and lbg are large images... (not border only). I confess, I never looked at them because I was sure they were just small border IMGs only. Dumb me. I am sure I got the the solution now.

thank you!!
argh! :x
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

great