Dev request: event after download

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Dev request: event after download

Post by lpatrick »

It would be helpful to have an event called after a customer downloaded a digital item unless there's already a trace in any of the tables now?

I think it could be needed if customers claim a chargeback, to prove when and what IP a digital item has already been downloaded from.

Thanks for considering

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Dev request: event after download

Post by Jan »

Hi, we can add new event there, if you write on which place exactly and which parameters it can get, etc. But the question is, does it make sense? If you have the IP which downloaded some file, such information is just useles when claiming a chanrgeback :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
mino182
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by mino182 »

No, IP is not relevant. Every link is unique, so even if customer will send link to somebody in other country, or send his login - he don't deserve refund :D
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Jan wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 17:59 Hi, we can add new event there, if you write on which place exactly and which parameters it can get, etc. But the question is, does it make sense? If you have the IP which downloaded some file, such information is just useles when claiming a chanrgeback :idea:

Jan
Well if we assume a normal user won't be reading this.
And they 'pay' with CC from their IP, then download from the same IP and ask the CC for a chargeback.
Then we have at least some proof towards the CC provider that the sale was followed by a download and the chargeback is not valid.

Otherwise users can order anything and always ask their money back from the CC.

Where should the event be you ask me?
Just after the download, I assume? And I think the id of the #__phocacart_order_downloads should be enough, no? I then have access to the order and therefore the user too, I think.
It's OK if you think it's low priority. I should ask my customer how often he had people do that in the past. I was just trying to prevent fraud.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, added to feature request list.

https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaCart/issues/228

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project