Pagination issue

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
naughtygrandma
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Pagination issue

Post by naughtygrandma »

Hi,

I have 50 images in a gallery and have the Pagination set at 10. I open the viewer on image 1 and swipe through to image 10, then I continue swiping, hoping to see images 11 through to 50 but instead, it goes back to image 1 again. How can I make it continue through to image 50 before it returns to image 1, please?

Thanks,

Andy

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Pagination issue

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Then you should set the value of the parameter 'Pagination Default Value' to 50 and hide the pagination in the options of your menu link to Phoca Gallery component.
Now all 50 images are displayed on the first page and in detail view, e.g. with Photoswipe, all 50 images can be displayed one after the other.

Kind regards,
Benno
naughtygrandma
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by naughtygrandma »

Thank you, Benno.

That work-around sorted it out for my 50-image gallery. I also have a gallery with over 200 images so I have set the pagination to 600, which gives me room for expansion, but it is rather a lot of images to have on one long page.

Could this issue be put forward as a feature request, please? It works like I have asked at flickr.com.

Thank you,

Andy
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, this is a Javascript Popup method feature, not directly Phoca Gallery feature. The Javascript Popups just show only images which are listed on the page.

There is option to display images in iframe method where you can navigate to all images in gallery, but this is not recommended as such displaying of gallery details does not does not correspond to modern methods :idea:

See: https://www.phoca.cz/documentation/86-j ... al-advices (8)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
naughtygrandma
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by naughtygrandma »

Thanks, Jan,

I understand what you said and am happy to continue what Benno said. I like Phoca.

Thank you, both.

Andy
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno