What puts the <source> tag there?

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Xeno
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

What puts the <source> tag there?

Post by Xeno »

Hello!
I have created products with attributes that have a separate image, which changes nicely because I can see it in the inspector, but the output doesn't show the change because the source tag is in the image tag. What makes it there?
(I think there's only one option that I haven't tried in the settings, I just don't know what it is anymore because I've tried everything.)
Please someone help me!

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: What puts the <source> tag there?

Post by Jan »

Hi, <source> tags are displayed inside <picture> tag for displaying alternative webp images. When you disable option: Display WebP Images, then nou source tag will be displayed.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Xeno
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Xeno »

Yes, I upload webp images, and they are displayed correctly, regardless of whether or not the Show WebP images option is checked.
The problem is that when it is checked, it doesn't toggle the images assigned to the attributes for me (I mean, it toggles them because they are visible in the inspector, but the user doesn't see anything on the display).
What is this?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, there are two types of using webp:

1) you can use them directly (the parameter show webp is inactive and should be disabled)

2) you can use them indirectly (e.g. you are using PNGs and the system automatically creates WEBP copies with Show WebP parameter)

The question is which method do you use?

Try to use direct method of WebP images, try to check if attributes are not in conflict. This feature only works, when there is one attribute, not when there is combination of attributes, then there is not possible to set unique switch images.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project