New upload is not going to the indicated category

Phoca Download - download manager
vanthien
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

New upload is not going to the indicated category

Post by vanthien »

Hi all,
I’m new to this and probably missing something basic, but I can’t seem to find the solution.
When a user uploads a file to a specific category, it actually ends up in a completely different location and isn’t visible in the Downloads front-end.

For example, in the Upload front-end, User me@gmail.com selects the category MyFiles, which is:
* public_html/phocadownload/MyFiles

User selects file NewFile.txt for upload, enters details and clicks Start Upload.
Rather than ending up in the selected Category, the file shows up in this folder:
* public_html/phocadownload/userupload/me-gmail.com

I can see the upload in the Files section of Phocadownload Admin – Files, but then what?
My objective is make uploaded files accessible to other users WITHOUT additional actions required in the back-end by the Administrator. What do I need to do to get the file into the proper folder and make it visible and accessible for download by other users?

Versions: Joomla 4.4.2, Phocadownload 4.0.9
Thanks!
vanthien
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: New upload is not going to the indicated category

Post by vanthien »

replying to my own post:
I have no idea how long after my download this happened, but today I look at the Downloads front-end and the uploaded file is present in the target category! This is a relief, but at the same time I feel like this is a bit of a mystery and I would appreciate it if someone would explain the process. How long does it take between downloading and publishing?
Am I doing this right?
My concern is still with the fact that the file is not physically located in the target folder, as described in my first post. It makes file management more complicated, trying to figure out which files are located where...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, what do you exactly mean with: "How long does it take between downloading and publishing?"

BTW - see similar posts in this forum. Phoca Download has independent database and filesystem layer, this means, that category or file is not directly assigned to a folder on server.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
vanthien
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by vanthien »

Jan wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 23:41 Hi, what do you exactly mean with: "How long does it take between downloading and publishing?"
BTW - see similar posts in this forum. Phoca Download has independent database and filesystem layer, this means, that category or file is not directly assigned to a folder on server.
Thanks Jan. Sorry for my slow reaction, I got busy with other things and wasn't notified that there was a response.

The "How long does it take" question was because it took a while after the first upload before I could see the uploaded documents in the front-end of the Downloads section. All is well now. Might have been a cache issue.

"Phoca Download has independent database and filesystem layer" >> Okay, thanks for the explanation. Too bad that it doesn't jive with the actual file organization in the back-end.

Thanks!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

OK
tiagomarqueslar
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by tiagomarqueslar »

did someone "solve" the need of other users to access files for the same category?.. i have the same problem, that is, if some user uploads a file to, lets say, the documents category, other users that have access to that particular category won't be able to make changes to that file, like updating or deleting it. The goal would be having several people to be able to manage assigned categories, working together.

Maybe it can be solved easily with some configuration.. i could use some insights..

thanks in advance,

Tiago.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, this can be solved, if more users use the same login. Access rights for uploading are set per users .

Jan
tiagomarqueslar
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by tiagomarqueslar »

ok, not the "perfect" solution, but for now it will have to do the job.

Thanks,

Tiago