Joomla Menu Item Phoca Download Category

Phoca Download - download manager
tiagomarqueslar
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Joomla Menu Item Phoca Download Category

Post by tiagomarqueslar »

Would it be possible, when having a joomla menu item based on phoca download category (not categories), the button that shows up leading to a upper level, didn't show up? limiting the "go backs" at that chosen category?

For instance, I have this (levels):

- Category 1
-- Subcategory 1
-- Subcategory 2

- Category 2
-- Subcategory 1
-- Subcategory 2

When i create a joomla menu item based on a phoca download category, i have to choose what category should it appear. Lets suppose Category 1.

When i browse the menu item showing that category and all its subcategories(cat1 and its subcats -> ok!), its possible to click the "go back" button, leading me to the all main categories (cat1 and cat2 and all its subcategories -> not intended).

Is there a way that, when creating a menu item based on a specific category (not all categories), it would stick only to that particular category, without the possibility to go back (to all categories)? that would be really helpful!

If something is misunderstood here, if i didnt explain correctly, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Tags:
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Joomla Menu Item Phoca Download Category

Post by christine »

Hi,
I don't know if I understand it correctly. Try:

Options > Display Up Icon: No

Kind regards
Christine
tiagomarqueslar
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Good afternoon Christine,

Unfortunately I don't have that option in the menu to choose. I forgot mentioning im using Joomla 5 and the latest beta of Phoca Download.. since its a beta, and i don't really know if on earlier versions of Phoca Download that was an issue..

From what i wrote in the previous post, the goal would be to not surpass to a lower-level category, or to another one on the same level, when you set the menu to a particular category - choosing the menu item type as "List of Files (Category View)" -> Category X (for instance) .

Thank you,
Tiago
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, there were no changes regarding this, so this will be not different to version 4.

Regarding menu items, see: https://www.phoca.cz/blog/1230-how-to-c ... -in-joomla

As Christine wrote, when you create a menu link to e.g. category, you can hide the "up" or "back" button in Phoca Download Options:

(not in menu link options)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
tiagomarqueslar
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Hello Jan, and thank you. I misunderstood Christine and your picture clarified it. That is solved. Thank you both you and Christine for your time and help.

Kind Regards,

Tiago
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project