new function for prm view.

Phoca Restaurant Menu - restaurant menu manager
AWiki
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

new function for prm view.

Post by AWiki »

HI we have installed Phoca Menu 4.0.1 and Joomla! 4.4.0 Stable.

In order to show Menu items in an article I am using prm view function. But the function allows only to display the current date or using the Menu ID several menu entries from the weekly menu option.

{prm view=weeklymenu|menuday=nnn,nnn,.....}

In order to simplify the process of creating articles and reducing the risk of error, I would like to enter a from date / to date either via custom filed or directly. For example:

{prm view=weeklymenu|menuday=2024-11-01, 2024-11-05}
or
{prm view=weeklymenu|menuday=custom date field 1, custom date field 2}

Thanks for considering this request.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: new function for prm view.

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't fully understand the custom date field. How custom date field is related to days?

The ID is unique ID, this is why it is generally used for everything. Having dates in plugin code can have a lot of disadvantages:

- slow loading
- possible confusing because of different date formats.
- etc.

Anyway, added to feature request list:
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaRestaurantMenu/issues/1
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
AWiki
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: new function for prm view.

Post by AWiki »

Hi Jan, I'm using 2 custom fields in my article to specify the start date of the week and the end date of the week. The custom field is part of the article text as well - example https://www.fleischerei-stierschneider. ... eiseplan-2 .

I think it's up to you as owner to specify the exact date format required for the command.
In regards to performance I don't think this will have a big impact but I am more than happy to test it.

Alfred