File uploads are blocked with white screen and text "Invalid Token"

Phoca Download - download manager
cavis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

File uploads are blocked with white screen and text "Invalid Token"

Post by cavis »

After logging in on the front of the site, and trying to upload a file, I get a white screen with the words "Invalid Token".
I tried logging out all users, browse in a private window, use another browser. Even clearing the Joomla cache and restarting the webserver. When I force "return true" in /libraries/src/Session/Session.php checkToken(), everything works fine.

Googling the issue, this last option emerged: If the "Invalid Token" message is appearing on a certain extension, contact the developer. Ask them to check and make sure that their forms are adding the security token. You can provide them with this Joomla documentation. https://docs.joomla.org/How_to_add_CSRF ... g_to_forms

But then, I don't think the extension itself is failing? Does someone have a solution for me? Thanks!
cavis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: File uploads are blocked with white screen and text "Invalid Token"

Post by cavis »

Sorry, what I forgot to mention: it worked fine before updating to the latest Joomla / Phoca version.
cavis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by cavis »

To be more specific:
PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.13
Webserver nginx/1.18.0
Joomla! 4.3.3 Stable [ Bora ]
Phoca Download version 4.0.6
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, no idea, why there is advice to contact extension developer as the session is managed by Joomla not by extension. :idea:

I see, you have clean the cache, but do you use some cache feature (core, external extension, etc.)? If yes, can you disable it completely - only for test.

See your console (e.g. in Chrome browser, enable DevTools and see if you don't get any error message in console), maybe there will be some problem listed :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project