Problem with link to article from marker descriptions

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
modabasi
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Problem with link to article from marker descriptions

Post by modabasi »

Hi all,

I need some help with Phoca Maps. I've created a map with multiple markers, what I'm trying to do is provide a link to an article inside the marker description, so that when a marker is clicked, the popup displays a link to the relevant article.

Now, when I try to do this like I always link articles within articles by clicking the "+ Article" button, it does it like this as usual, but I'm getting a 404 not found error when the link is clicked, because it does not generate the SEO friendly address like it always when linked from within articles;

Code: Select all

<a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=432&catid=9&lang=en-GB" hreflang="en">Lisbon Cathedral: A Testament to History, Faith, and Architectural Splendor</a>
Am I doing something wrong?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problem with link to article from marker descriptions

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, I don't know the feature which creates the links. When you create SEF link and paste it to the description as fixed SEF link, does it work?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
modabasi
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by modabasi »

Yes Jan, it works that way if I manually enter the correct link to the description and currently I'm doing so.

The problem with generating descriptions that way is: If I make a change in the menu structure in the future, the SEF URLs are going to change completely. That's why using the "+ Article" button is a good idea, the link is something like "index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=432&catid=9&lang=en-GB" but Joomla handles the rest and always finds the correct SEF URL.

This should be working as intended in the extensions as well but I'm guessing we have a bug here that needs to be fixed.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca Maps does not handle any content inside description, such is prepared by the editor and stored. Unfortunately, I don't have any expericene with such feature, so hard to say when the problem occurs - if when saving the description by the editor or when displaying the data. So the question is, who is preparing the link and it is stored to database or transformed after view :idea: Really hard to say as Phoca Maps does not work with this content :idea: It only uses it to display in marker description :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project