How to Display Zones DropDown in Checkout

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
David-Spring
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: How to Display Zones DropDown in Checkout

Post by David-Spring »

Thank you. That would really help all of us!

If I figure out something between now and then, I will also post it. I plan on taking a closer look at this in January.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

One possible solution for adding own list could be "predefined values" feature. Of course it has limits.

I have added this feature to 3.5.5 Beta, so it can be tested there

See:

You will be able to define own simple list of simple values plus first option text title.

In frontend, this list will be displayed and user can select the value. Such value will be stored:

Limits
- there is no connection to other form fields (like there is for country and region - dynamically generated regions based on country)
- the selected and stored values are not more tied to the predefined values list (the values are just stored as static values, so they don't change if this list will be changed) - It is not stored reference to this value but value itself (based on type)
- all values set in predefined values form field must match the type selected in Type form field.
- the list cannot be used as a rule in payment or shipping methods, etc.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jmiller_meaewellness
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jmiller_meaewellness »

For my case use this is perfect...we are only shipping in one state where the counties definition is needed, and I can add an option "Outside of State" if we ever need to setup shipping for other categories to other states.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Another way could be even use "country" as state, "region" as county and the country which e.g. can be only one add to this select box. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project