How to edit the menu at the front end

Phoca Restaurant Menu - restaurant menu manager
johngotti
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

How to edit the menu at the front end

Post by johngotti »

Hello everyone,
I'm using the Phoca Restaurant Menu created a day menu. What I want to have is the multiple change which I can do in Backend as a Wrapper in Frontend. But therefore I need to be loged on in backend before calling the edit page in frontend. Otherwise I get an error message that this action could not be started wrapped. But when I'm already loged on in back the wrapp works fine.
Could you please give me an idea how to give somebody the possibillity to change the day menu with the multiple edit in front end?
Thanks a lot and merry Christmas.
John
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to edit the menu at the front end

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no option to edit it in frontend, I have it written in feature request list but still didn't find time to look at it.

What you exactly mean with "wrapper"?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
johngotti
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by johngotti »

Hello Jan,

wrapper means the functionality from Joomla. I can use the adress from back end Phocca Menu to place it within the front end. This is one Kind of menu item you can create.
Using this wrapper functionality work, but only if the user was loged on in backand before.
Wish you happy new year :-)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, now I understand. The problem is, the extension still checks for access rights - even it is in wrapper, so in this case you need to somehow skip the protection of the rights but this can be security problem as then everybody can access it :idea:
johngotti
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by johngotti »

Hi Jan,
but the user has the right.
At the Moment I have the following Situation:
The user which shold work on the menu is Login on to the front end.
After that he gets a new Menupoint visible to do multiple Change on the phoca Restaurant menu
If this user is allready loged on in backend it works fine and I see the phoca menu in wrapper Position.
If the user is only loged to front end (and this is what I would have), I get an message that the site can't be shown in a wrapper with the possibility to click on a link, which guides me to the logon for the backend
After logon I'm directly in backend and Need to select phoca menu again.
Do you see any Chance to suppoort a multiple Change in the front end??
Thanks John
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I am planning this feature, but for now I really cannot say when I will be ready to take a look at it :-(

Jan