Phoca Gallery Menu Module themes

Phoca Gallery modules - modules for Phoca Gallery extension
Olg
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Phoca Gallery Menu Module themes

Post by Olg »

Is the ability to create Phoca Gallery Menu Module theme different from "Phoca Theme"? I add folder "MyTheme" with files to modules\mod_phocagallery_menu\assets, but MyTheme don't appear in Phoca Gallery Menu Module administration area. (Joomla! 3.4.5, Phoca Gallery Menu Module version: 4.1.0).
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Gallery Menu Module themes

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no theme for Phoca Gallery 4.x All should be stylized by CSS :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Olg
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Olg »

I see, but there is the selection item "Theme" with only one option "Phoca Theme" in Phoca Gallery Menu Module administration area -- this for future development?
Now I must edit theme.css file and store it independently for case of updating the Module OR edit php files to set the path to mytheme.css and, again, store it independently for case of updating the Module... It is very unusual now--when there is overriding option in Joomla!
In any case: thank you for you good job, espesially for famous Phoca Gallery!
Best Regards.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, I hope, I will create new theme soon.

Phoca Gallery is developed since 2007 and sometimes when there was no such feature in Joomla! it needed to be done other way.

So for now there is the following option for CSS - you can create own CSS and enable/disable it for Phoca Gallery - when you name it other than the default, such will stay when updating Phoca Gallery and will be not deleted - of course this does not remove the possibility to override the CSS with template, etc.

It is just another additional way (someone likes to use overrides, someone to have own css directly in gallery, etc.)

Jan
Olg
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Olg »

Hi, Jan.
This way work fine for Phoca Gallery; but for Phoca Gallery Menu Module it's don't work: Menu receive css-styles only from theme.css file inside PhocaTheme folder.
Of course, I can override css in my template, but module download theme.css file in any case and this code will be excess.
I think that the best solution is to make the analogue of wide choise as in Phoca Gallery: make own style; make own css-files and enable/disable them; disable all css-files and write styles to template css-file.
Best Regards
Oleg
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Aha, now I understand, yes, thank you for the info, I will take a look at it.

Jan