Phoca Gallery Slideshow Noob - resizing images

Phoca Gallery modules - modules for Phoca Gallery extension
Pavo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Gallery Slideshow Noob - resizing images

Post by Pavo »

I use the wonderful Phoca Gallery Slideshow Noob, but it doesn't display my images as I want it to do.

My site is: http://www.jmpauw.nl/jupgrade

I put the slideshow width on 960, the height on 200 (so that you can see the begin and end position of both images).
The images are much bigger than showed and should have the same width as the slideshow (thus 960).
Instead the images are resized to a width of 640. It also seems to be that the gallery uses thumbnails of 640 in width, in stead of the original images.

But nowhere can I find the right options to set those thumbnails or to change the standard width of 640 to 960.

So my question is: how can I change these 'automatically' set default option?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Gallery Slideshow Noob - resizing images

Post by Benno »

Hi,
you should change the size of the large thumbnails to 960x200pix inside Phoca Gallery.
1. delete the wrong sized large thumbs via FTP
2. go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Options --> Main --> Thumbnail Generation Settings -->
Enable Thumbnails Generation=Yes
Crop Thumbnails=None
Save & Close
3. go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Options --> Main --> Images And Detail Window Size Settings -->
Large Image Width=960
Large Image Height=200
Save & Close
4. go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Images
Choose the category with the images for the Noob Slideshow
The Large thumbnails will now create once more with the dimension 960x200pix
5. If you use Phoca Gallery for other categories and images too, don't forget to set back the size Large Image Width & Height to the old values.

Kind egards,
Benno
nyclubmix
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by nyclubmix »

I Have followed al directions above:

you should change the size of the large thumbnails to 960x200pix inside Phoca Gallery.
1. delete the wrong sized large thumbs via FTP
2. go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Options --> Main --> Thumbnail Generation Settings -->
Crop Thumbnails=None
Save & Close
3. go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Options --> Main --> Images And Detail Window Size Settings -->
Large Image Width=960
Large Image Height=200
Save & Close
4. go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Images
Choose the category with the images for the Noob Slideshow
The Large thumbnails will now create once more with the dimension 960x200pix
5. If you use Phoca Gallery for other categories and images too, don't forget to set back the size Large Image Width & Height to the old values.
...............................................................................................................................................................................
and for some reason my large images are stuck at 640x480 and the image is cropped instead of resized to fit into the box. This is happening even after i turn cropping off in
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Options --> Main --> Thumbnail Generation Settings -->
Crop Thumbnails=None

my current settings are:
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Phoca Gallery Control Panel --> Options --> Main --> Images And Detail Window Size Settings -->
Large Image Width=960
Large Image Height=960

my main concern isnt the slide show, but the dimensions and wrongful cropping of my large images as you can see here:
qualitynights.net/societal/index.php/photo-gallery/category/24-14-11-28-deandres-12th-bday-party

Please Help,
Jadey
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you should set the width and height in the module settings, then you should go to Phoca Gallery, set the same size for large thumbnails there and recreate the thumbnails - so they really get the right size. Then the images will fit the module area. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project