Minor errors in 5 Beta 25

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Minor errors in 5 Beta 25

Post by lpatrick »

First a note to say you did tremendous work on this! Congratulations, respect and thank you!

Idk if it's supposed to be like that but after loading the test data I wanted to clean up: I trashed the products and deleted them

But at the same time the main phocacartdownload folder itself was deleted also. One can recreate it but then you need to know the exact name.

The date in Phoca Cart downloads does not use the timezone I think, whereas Orders does.

If it's OK, I'll add here if/when I find something else.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Minor errors in 5 Beta 25

Post by Jan »

Hi, the phocacartdownload folder includes token for all products (so the links are tokenized, because of security reasons) so when product is deleted, even this tokenized folder must be deleted. BTW was only the folder for products deleted or even the main "phocacartdownload" folder?

Can you paste a screenshot of what do you mean with dates? They all should follow Joomla rules.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Jan

Yes I mean the main phocacartdownload folder was deleted also.

I am still testing. These are the orders:
https://i.imgur.com/7yGdzXK.jpeg

I manually set these to completed. Then in Downloads, I get:
https://i.imgur.com/DBa9dB5.jpeg

As you can see, not only the format is different but the time the downloads were created is one hour earlier than the orders.
Since I'm in Belgium, UTC+1, I think the format used there is UTC (Orders was correct, Downloads isn't).

I do agree it's cosmetic, just wanted to let you know.

P.S. I got a message that I cannot use img tags. So I changed them to url. Btw the Tip to add images above is no longer pointing at the correct address for your blog post https://www.phoca.cz/documentation/86-j ... forum-post.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, which link you get in the tips? I get the right link there :idea: Do you mean this link:

Date in download - will be fixed in next version.

Thank you, Jan
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Thanks, Jan

I only saw the Tip when you use the New Topic or Reply buttons.

Would you please also look into the phocacartdownload folder problem? Had it happen twice before realising it wasn't my fault :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

Tip - now I see it, fixed. Thank you.

Folder - testing now, on different servers, everything is OK for me, when product will be deleted only the subfolder (tokenized subfolder) of phocacartdownload folder will be removed :idea:
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Jan

Sorry to make it so difficult for you.

Maybe it only happens when you clean out Phoca Cart completely? Trash + Delete?

Or does it depend on which downloads I used? I used the Attributes.
I am building a photo site and I added Medium, Large and Small as Attributes (see also viewtopic.php?p=179550#p179550).
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, testing now both - main product or attributes and download, both when deleing (trash + delete), it is just removed - only the current folder. It is removed after deleting, not trashing.

Jan
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by lpatrick »

Thanks Jan. I will soon restart on a fresh VM and I'll see if/how I can repeat it
lpatrick
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Minor errors in 5 Beta 30

Post by lpatrick »

Jan

It happened again and it's actually worse than I described (which I thought before but I wouldn't say without being certain it wasn't my own fault). I effectively deleted 1 image and the whole phocacartdownload folder was gone which also contained a lot more.

Steps to reproduce:
- Best take a safe copy of your phocacartdownload folder first
- Make sure Phoca Multi Language feature is Off (otherwise import will not be correct)
- Prepare 4 JPG images (or 4 copies): image-7777.jpg, image-7777m.jpg, image-7777l.jpg and image-7777s.jpg respectively for Product images/thumb and for medium, large and small downloads (Attributes). File names case sensitive on linux.
- My category is called Test images, Alias test-images with ID 8. You can of course use your own but then the XML needs to be modified accordingly.
- go into images/phocacartproducts and create subfolder test-images and upload the first image image-7777.jpg in it
- go into phocacartdownload and create subfolder AZFCoH3du2OQ8biW7, open that and create 3 folders m, l, and s
- go into each of them and upload the respective image
[All images need to exist before importing the XML]
- also add some other subfolders to show that it doesn't only happen when you're deleting the last one from phocacartdownload
- save content of next post in an XML file and use Phoca Cart Import (It was too much for one reply post to include it here)
- make sure phocacartdownload or any of the sub folders isn't open any more (e.g. go to root in Phoca Commander)
- Open the category and search the product, select it and then Actions - Trash
- Check Phoca Commander: phocacartdownload is still there
- In Category set Select Status to Trashed, select the product and Actions - Delete + confirm
- Check Phoca Commander: phocacartdownload folder tree is gone

Joomla 5.0.3, PHP 8.3.3, MariaDB 10.5.23, Phoca Cart 5 beta 30
Joomla Backward Compatibility Plugin seems to be enabled. Idk if I did that.
P.S. The problem existed before I removed web access on phocacartdownload (see my 'Tip' post from yesterday).