How to manually Change products order

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
User avatar
thethe
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: 31 Oct 2019, 00:28

How to manually Change products order

Post by thethe » 01 Mar 2021, 08:21

Hi there,

Please help with this.

I uploaded 100+ products with Phocacart. Now it is ordering all products in Created Dates. I accidentally deleted 1 products, I want to manually move it to a certain order. Is there a way that we can do it? I did not see the option in Joomla Backend.

Thanks
ML

jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional
Posts: 189
Joined: 31 Dec 2020, 09:46

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by jpeters » 01 Mar 2021, 17:59

with order of products do you mean order in the frontend of backend?

User avatar
thethe
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: 31 Oct 2019, 00:28

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by thethe » 02 Mar 2021, 00:30

I meant the front end.. thanks

User avatar
thethe
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: 31 Oct 2019, 00:28

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by thethe » 02 Mar 2021, 00:30

jpeters wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 17:59
with order of products do you mean order in the frontend of backend?
I meant the front end..thanks

jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional
Posts: 189
Joined: 31 Dec 2020, 09:46

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by jpeters » 02 Mar 2021, 07:41

you define the default ordering of the products in the options section of phoca cart.
there you can define the way products are ordered.
date, name, price, ordering in backend, raiting, populair,etc..

User avatar
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero
Posts: 43759
Joined: 10 Nov 2007, 18:23
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by Jan » 02 Mar 2021, 13:58

Yes, you can set by which parameter the ordering will be displayed in frontend.

If you want to change ordering of items for "order by ordering", then you need to select category in backend and then move the items. Category must be selected because ordering is based on category (as one product can be in different categories, it can be differently ordered in different categories)

Image

Image

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project

User avatar
thethe
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: 31 Oct 2019, 00:28

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by thethe » 03 Mar 2021, 03:57

Jan wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 13:58
Yes, you can set by which parameter the ordering will be displayed in frontend.

If you want to change ordering of items for "order by ordering", then you need to select category in backend and then move the items. Category must be selected because ordering is based on category (as one product can be in different categories, it can be differently ordered in different categories)

Image

Image

Jan
Hi Jan,

Can you be more specific about Select Categories ? Like in steps or where exactly in the backend ,

Thanks
ML

User avatar
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero
Posts: 7784
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 11:58
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by Benno » 03 Mar 2021, 08:38

Hi,
1.) Click 'Search Tools'
2.) '- Select Category -' drop down appears. Select a category.
3.) Set 'Ordering ascending' or 'Ordering descending'
4.) Now you should be able to move the items of this category up and down manually.

See image:

Image

Kind regards,
Benno

User avatar
thethe
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: 31 Oct 2019, 00:28

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by thethe » 05 Mar 2021, 00:17

Benno wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 08:38
Hi,
1.) Click 'Search Tools'
2.) '- Select Category -' drop down appears. Select a category.
3.) Set 'Ordering ascending' or 'Ordering descending'
4.) Now you should be able to move the items of this category up and down manually.

See image:

Image

Kind regards,
Benno
Hi Benno,

Thanks for that.

But this manual process seems it does not get reflected on the front end. The products order just don't change. The only way to make them change is to Phoca Cart COntrol Panel to change Ordering. Can you please clarify this is working?

Thanks
ML

User avatar
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero
Posts: 7784
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 11:58
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: How to manually Change products order

Post by Benno » 05 Mar 2021, 09:45

Hi,
see images:

Original ordering:
Image

Image

After manual reordering:
Image

Image
But this manual process seems it does not get reflected on the front end. The products order just don't change.
Did you clear all caches? :idea:

Kind regads,
Benno

Post Reply