Missing Features

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
zap.yahoo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Missing Features

Post by zap.yahoo »

Hi,

I'm testing phoca cart for digital downloads and there's a few things that I'm missing.
- The recurring payments are missing usually implemented via paypal plugin. It's common for digital downloads and memberships to be recurring.

- I could not find a way to bundle the digital downloads. Example, Bundle individual downloads into one that is smart enough to grant access to all individual files.

- The item view is missing the checkout button, seems checkout is only available via module or main menu link. It kinda sucks if you use full width view without module positions and a clean menu bar.

- I still haven't figured out to limit the access to a file or membership via time limit, let's say, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year. etc.

So far, still testing but the biggest turn off are the recurring sales, and time limit... it's really important for digital products and memberships.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Missing Features

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) recurring payment - yes, this is planned
2) bundle digital downloads - I think, the best way is to ZIP them and add to one product, so they can be managed and you have the controll over them :idea:
3) item view - checkout button - not sure if I understand correctly, - in case you click on add button, the popup displays checkout link, so there are three areas where the checkou link could be displayed:
- Menu link
- Phoca Cart Cart module
- Popup windows when clicking on Add To Cart :idea:

4) time limit - time limit can be set in Options

But as written in 1) full featured membership/recurring function is not a part of this extension for now and it is planned. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
pinochico
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by pinochico »

I think about this - with standard paypal payment plugin I can't create recurring payment, isn't it?

So we need add this features to our Gopay payment, we have to waiting to new option (triggers)?

Thanks

Rudolf
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, this feature is planned. Will be great to get more info how the plugin works with recurring payment so I can build such feature based on the gopay payment needs.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project